Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey gonna turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    If you don't understand the difference, then I can't help you. I guess by "scouting" you mean knowing in real time that your quarry is present and then chasing it. I don't consider that "scouting."
    I don't need any help. You just pick what modern advantages you want to use and condemn others for using the ones they want to use. You've made it pretty clear on that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    dude. while I don't disagree. that is your opinion. who gets to decide what constitutes the correct level of respect a turkey gets? or any other animal for that matter. some guys feel that way about shooting a deer in SC w a rifle. Does the the deer deserve more respect than that?
    thats exactly right and thats why i said it.
    MY OPNION

yall keep comparing apples to donuts all you want.
    I am not talking about deer, so pay attention
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

its personal.
    i wouldn't take any satisfaction going after an animal that I just saw on a cell cam. That's just my opinion.

I think most will agree....but that doesnt mean he cant do it....legally. but ethically?

Granted, to use a blind and miss and all is something he shoulda just kept to himself. Kinda like that time labluvr came up on that herd of goats. TMI TMI TMI!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post

I am not talking about deer, so pay attention
    you pay attention. the concept is the point. you state YOUR opinion like it is fact and everyone should adhere to it. that concept applies to other animals too. I tried to give you an example of another animal, a deer, so it wouldn't be too complicated to understand. Apparently I failed. Like 2th said, it's personal. also pay attention here too. I didn't say anything about apples and donuts. I just simply pointed out the ignorance and arrogance of your statement.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its personal.
    i wouldn't take any satisfaction going after an animal that I just saw on a cell cam. That's just my opinion.

I think most will agree....but that doesnt mean he cant do it....legally. but ethically?

Granted, to use a blind and miss and all is something he shoulda just kept to himself. Kinda like that time labluvr came up on that herd of goats. TMI TMI TMI!
    Dang herd of goats????

I went to the blind first because I guessed that spot would give me the best vantage point to see where the bird was at. Using the layout of the land and knowing the hills that spot gave me the best line of sight without alerting the bird.
    There wasn’t anything easy about army crawling 200 plus yards of mostly tall vetch mixed with some rye the guy planted for hay.
    Only place I know that wants to discuss the ethical dilemma of how an animal should be killed and which methods should be used….
    All in all bird won and picture of the bird was taken this morning on another cell camera from another property close by.
    Next time I’ll use my blunder buster and pilgrim outfit if that helps?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Dear DrWilly

you are bringing Uno cards to a poker game

How the hell is MY OPNION being forced on anyone? I stated my opinion as just that, my opinion. Stop reading between the lines.

I am absolutely entitled to my opinion of what I believe, no different than you

I dont consider myself arrogant nor ignorant. Your speculation is incorrect.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by GBelly; 04-16-2024 at 12:09 PM.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I like donuts
    and honeycrisp apples.

Deer hunting and turkey hunting are similar in that the shot is just a formality. It’s not hard to shoot a deer with a rifle at 100 yards or a turkey at 20 yards with a shotgun. The challenge is getting a grown buck in the open, standing still in the daylight or tricking a bird into thinking you’re a hen and coming to you.

Sitting in a blind and shooting a bird is like taking a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain. If you sit in a tent on the edge of a field, you’ll shoot a bird. They have a brain the size of an acorn and only move in the daylight. Perfectly legal and you get a nice picture, but some people enjoy the challenge of the climb.

I like donuts
    and honeycrisp apples.
    Meeeeee tooooooo
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    Deer hunting and turkey hunting are similar in that the shot is just a formality. It’s not hard to shoot a deer with a rifle at 100 yards or a turkey at 20 yards with a shotgun. The challenge is getting a grown buck in the open, standing still in the daylight or tricking a bird into thinking you’re a hen and coming to you.

Sitting in a blind and shooting a bird is like taking a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain. If you sit in a tent on the edge of a field, you’ll shoot a bird. They have a brain the size of an acorn and only move in the daylight. Perfectly legal and you get a nice picture, but some people enjoy the challenge of the climb.
    Enjoyed trying to crawl across a field and intercept the bird does that count?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Enjoyed trying to crawl across a field and intercept the bird does that count?
    That’s up to you.

But I’d say using a cell camera is like having the helicopter drop you off halfway up the mountain.
    Last edited by BowfinClassic; 04-16-2024 at 12:39 PM.

i think the best analogy i can come up with is watching your wife pleasure herself on the home cell cam then come home and she's smoking a winston and watching price is right and doenst want a damn thing to do with you.

but i just ate a krispy kreme so there's no telling....

Well one thing for sure darealdeal got the post count up this afternoon.

i think the best analogy i can come up with is watching your wife pleasure herself on the home cell cam then come home and she's smoking a winston and watching price is right and doenst want a damn thing to do with you.

but i just ate a krispy kreme so there's no telling....
    A better analogy is she does that to do all the prep work so when you get home you can skip the pleasantries and go right to business. It’s just cutting down your effort to achieve the same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Dear DrWilly

you are bringing Uno cards to a poker game

How the hell is MY OPNION being forced on anyone? I stated my opinion as just that, my opinion. Stop reading between the lines.

I am absolutely entitled to my opinion of what I believe, no different than you

I dont consider myself arrogant nor ignorant. Your speculation is incorrect.

Have a good day.
    Fair enough. Maybe I shouldn’t have quoted your post. It happened to be the latest of many saying ostensibly “unless you do it as good and purist as I do it , then you are wrong and lesser.” May not have been what you meant. Much is lost by way of clarity and communication in internet threads. As far as poker and uno…I’ll leave that alone.

Happens to be that one of my pet peeves on here is when someone who is skilled and successful at something (usually bc they are hunting land they inherited from grand daddy) belittles someone who does it “lesser”. Some call it “triggered” some say it’s calling out the bs.

You have a great day as well.
    Last edited by drwilly; 04-16-2024 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to end w a nice pleasantry

“You are a shit person if you don’t do things the way I do them or feel how I feel about them.”
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Cell cams, decoys, blinds,etc., are all crutches. If a man can't hunt and kill a turkey without any one of these, then he should take up golf or soccer. That's my opinion but also a fact...

drwilly is triggered and why yall gotta pick on soccer so damn much?

drwilly is triggered and why yall gotta pick on soccer so damn much?
    Sometimes I come on here just to argue w you. There I said it.

makes my day