Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Turkey gonna turkey

Lots of unwritten turkey rules.
    Is a guided hunt sporting, I mean you’re really just the trigger man right? You ain’t DIYing a Mexican Gould’s or Oscellated right?
    How about no blind but over a food plot?
    Scouting your property with drones?
    Where do you draw the line. Is shooting a turkey you saw on a trail cam out of a blind any less sporting than shooting a deer you’ve seen on camera, in a corn pile, from a shooting house???

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Notice the first word he typed was “think” and not “know”. Slow down and stop trying to jump to a conclusion.

As far as how do you name them, it’s simple. Google suggests Geoffrey, Duncan, Preston, and Donovan. Dildo has worked well for others
    shut up and go to sleep

the "think" was that he was alive. he thinks he's alive and thats him and he "has friends." you dont want to play linguistics with me. you'll bite your nails to the quick.

to FLS--turkey hunting is personal. that's why I started my thread "my way." if its legal, go for it. cell cams seem like something that may be unethical at times, but it aint illegal.

turkey poets and gonna poet, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    shut up and go to sleep

the "think" was that he was alive. he thinks he's alive and thats him and he "has friends." you dont want to play linguistics with me. you'll bite your nails to the quick.

to FLS--turkey hunting is personal. that's why I started my thread "my way." if its legal, go for it. cell cams seem like something that may be unethical at times, but it aint illegal.

turkey poets and gonna poet, too.
    Go to sleep? At 7:40 am?

Missing time stamps on posts, missing keywords in peoples posts and being somewhat nice to woodie about his pallet forks? You are slipping old timer
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

so, you see the "go to sleep" mantra is repetitive. its like i found a possible kryptonite and wanna see if that's your button.
    trust me, I'll find it.

and woodie aint buying pallet forks until he finds some crappy ones for $100 on marketplace and drives five hours to pick them up because he "found a deal."

so hush.
    and go to sleep
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Now we turkey huntin! Took a while for this thing to get "hot" this season. Carry on.

My guess is that the folks who feel really strongly that turkey hunting should be done a certain way are most likely people who are truly passionate about turkey hunting, while the ones who say "to each his own; or if it's legal, it's fine; or stop trying to place your arbitrary rules upon others" likely don't hunt turkeys or just do it because there's nothing else to hunt in the spring, and don't truly love the game. Again, just an assumption and it could be wrong.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    My guess is that the folks who feel really strongly that turkey hunting should be done a certain way are most likely people who are truly passionate about turkey hunting, while the ones who say "to each his own; or if it's legal, it's fine; or stop trying to place your arbitrary rules upon others" likely don't hunt turkeys or just do it because there's nothing else to hunt in the spring, and don't truly love the game. Again, just an assumption and it could be wrong.
    Agreed. I don’t care much about it. When I kill my 1 it may be out of a blind with decoys. You kill 3 with your flute.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I just walk through the woods calling and they come to me. It's pretty easy.

Wouldn't it have been more fun to go after him the next morning when he's gobbling good and try to get him off the roost, as oppsoed to crawling around trying to bushwack him. You already knew he was there.

Or maybe that's not the hunt you're after. Perhaps you were just after that social media pic.
    Last edited by M2Field; 04-18-2024 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m2field View Post

perhaps you were just after that social media pic.

#pinhoti
    #goblife

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post

Wouldn't it have been more fun to go after him the next morning when he's gobbling good and try to get him off the roost, as oppsoed to crawling around trying to bushwack him. You already knew he was there.

Or maybe that's not the hunt you're after. Perhaps you were just after that social media pic.
    Yeah sure would have been but I had to work the next morning and I don’t have any social media other than this and Snapchat. I also suck at taking pictures.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post

Yeah sure would have been but I had to work the next morning and I don’t have any social media other than this and Snapchat. I also suck at taking pictures.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965