Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Turkey gonna turkey

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    no need to try to be condescending. if you don't understand the concept then I can't explain it to you. Corn piles, archery, fly rods, etc. everyone has different levels of how they want to do things. for example, I'm not interested in release birds for ducks or high fence but I'm not opposed to using corn for deer. others may feel differently. high correlation between the "landed gentry" with lots of access and opportunity to turkey purism.
    Condescending? Sure, "doctor" (that's condescending). The two concepts aren't remotely correlated. At least I didn't say, "hey, dumbass," but it's your story, tell it like you want to.
    Carolina Counsel

This thread should be copy and pasted to the Site Traffic thread. This pretty much sums up why the site traffic is lower. Every time someone posts on here they get ridiculed because some self righteous people don’t agree with how another member did something. Some of you need to look in the mirror a few times, or are you all like Jesus Christ and walk around living perfect? If you put just 1% of the effort into things that matter that you put into bashing someone’s method of taking wild game, imagine how much better it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    He didn't say blood trail and he said TSS 9s won't leave blood. I've never seen any type of shot leave a "blood trail" that you could follow. I been shooting TSS going on 15 years. Saying it won't leave blood is actually what's laughable.

I can confirm tss 9s leave blood…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just trying to do my part!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

So if you’re sitting at work about 4:00 and get a pic of that 10 point buck you’ve been watching all summer, are we saying it’s immoral and unsportsmanlike to go and jump in the deer stand? Just wanting some clarity here.

This public flogging has been quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    “You are a shit person if you don’t do things the way I do them or feel how I feel about them.”
    Kinda feels that way, huh?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

The turkey shooters are gonna eventually force us into a statewide quota system with a lottery draw to get a tag for even private land....

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    Cell cams, decoys, blinds,etc., are all crutches. If a man can't hunt and kill a turkey without any one of these, then he should take up golf or soccer. That's my opinion but also a fact...
    Can opinions be facts?

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Can opinions be facts?

Only if it's a commonsense opinion...then it turns into a fact.

Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    The turkey shooters are gonna eventually force us into a statewide quota system with a lottery draw to get a tag for even private land....
    You do realize killing a turkey the "pure way" and killing one with a rifle from 400 yards still results in the same ending right? One less turkey on earth however it is killed. I'd argue the purist do more damage to the population from their "fever" and having to kill their 3 birds and then call in birds for all their family and friends. Then go to multiple states and kill their birds.

I hope all the purist never call a bird in for their kid or friend, because that would obviously be cheating if they can't do it themself (the right way of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    You do realize killing a turkey the "pure way" and killing one with a rifle from 400 yards still results in the same ending right? One less turkey on earth however it is killed. I'd argue the purist do more damage to the population from their "fever" and having to kill their 3 birds and then call in birds for all their family and friends. Then go to multiple states and kill their birds.

I hope all the purist never call a bird in for their kid or friend, because that would obviously be cheating if they can't do it themself (the right way of course).

Do you need someone to come call one for you? Sounds like it.

Your generalizations are impressive
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post

Here in lies the problem, you think that a dead turkey is a dead turkey. All dead turkeys are not equal. A man is not likely to call in the preferred breeder until he is done with his hens. In fact most people aren't gonna call older birds into range very often. The CALL is the only saving grace that puts the turkeys on notice and either they come or walk away.
    If a man just goes an executes a turkey whatever means then he really shuffles the deck and possibly screws up the while hierarchy.

ALL DEAD TURKEYS ARE NOT EQUAL FROM THE TURKEYS POINT IF VIEW.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksmoker View Post
    This thread should be copy and pasted to the Site Traffic thread. This pretty much sums up why the site traffic is lower. Every time someone posts on here they get ridiculed because some self righteous people don’t agree with how another member did something. Some of you need to look in the mirror a few times, or are you all like Jesus Christ and walk around living perfect? If you put just 1% of the effort into things that matter that you put into bashing someone’s method of taking wild game, imagine how much better it could be.
    I was thinking the same thing earlier today when this beat down started.

Think some people need some thicker skin!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Think some people need some thicker skin!
    Bingo.

he used cell cameras and blinds and crawling.
    and still missed.

say what you want, but the ass-chewing is certainly expected. If not, what kind of site is this? I would give my bestest friends shit over this. Mercilessly. To their face.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    he used cell cameras and blinds and crawling.
    and still missed.

say what you want, but the ass-chewing is certainly expected. If not, what kind of site is this? I would give my bestest friends shit over this. Mercilessly. To their face.
    Didn’t expect anything less!!! First thing I heard when I got to work this morning…. Well guess we can’t all be killers!

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post

I can confirm tss 9s leave blood…

yep.....when you shoot them in the head and carry them out over your shoulder head down, all the blood flows downhill and they kind of leak out all the little holes.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

So can I ninja a turkey or not?