Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Site Traffic...

The site traffic has slowed, but the OG's for lack of a better word is what has kept me around for the last 22 years.

There are some salt of the earth men that still frequent this site and we are all blessed to have had them in our lives one way or another.

I know yall fellas have went through a lot with me in my personal life and have offered kind words, condolences and most importantly prayers. I know yall have been there for me through the loss of family, friends, miscarriages, and a divorce. And its just not the public posts, its the PM's, its the text messages checking on you that really showed me that these guys care about each other.

We watched Tube Socks and DCMBSC grow from young and dumb teenagers to good young men with wives and families. We watched Pine Island build the most custom deer stand seat known to man, and we watched an epic showdown for the ages with squatty and dave

Its just a good place to be and I dont plan on going anywhere for a long time.

Now enough with the nice talk, yall kiss my ass
    Last edited by quack head 11; 04-16-2024 at 07:56 AM.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

What everyone else said. Site is hit and miss in terms of speed. Most discussions some way, somehow always devolve into something political or involve some conspiracy theory crap. I never posted many pictures so I can't bitch about that but have noticed the lack of them in the last year or so. I think most of it is the majority on this site or getting older and arguing on the internet isn't near as important or fun as it used to be. My $.02 worth.

Here’s something to perk things up a little.

image.jpg
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I havne't talk about my butthole warts in a long time. Should we discuss those again??? Or....how about my bad case of jock itch? Which one works for you???
    12-26-98 12-1-13

You need a manicure

And botox.

Well......you have now insulted me and you sir are uglier than morning diaherra
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I’ve met a lot of great folks that have led to some fine times through this site. I spent several evenings with a good many of them last week, and it couldn’t have been much better.

It has become damn near impossible to have a discussion about sports, actual hunting, or post a picture without threads just going square in the ditch. I still stop by in here, but the incessant trolling is just annoying.

For instance, I posted a story and picture of a fantastically cool turkey. It lasted 4 seconds before drunk Bill pointed out the bird didn’t have a tag while being photographed 10 yards from where he died. It’s the dude’s first turkey, as stated. It’s not like he’s trying to sneak one out.

There are still some cool things. Sasha needed a .410. I had a spare. His son killed a turkey with it. That made me happy. I got to spend an hour with he and his son after first having knowledge of him 35 years ago when there was a picture of him in Battens with a 237lb deer. He’s a damn decent fella.

And, it’s turkey season. I go turkey hunting during turkey season.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Here’s a cute girl with an Osceola turkey
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Agreed 1000% Michael.

I am on the CG2 fan team. He is a very nice man.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this site since stumbling across it over 8 years ago and have met many fine folks off of here since then. The political BS gets old and it's a shame the hunting content has fallen off the last few years. But I still check in several times a day during the week. This place makes the work day go by faster.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    dont be so down on the place. slow, sure. but that comes and goes. scducks is a monument to a whole heap of good in my life and i know i am not alone
    I agree. Even when we sometimes disagree.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

sometimes?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sometimes?
    Snicker

This is the only site I visit on a regular basis. I got to thinking about it and I probably post about the same as before. I don't care enough about sports or politics to argue with people I don't know so that really cuts down on how much I post.

Ate breakfast at Mr Bunkies with a member from here who I would have never met if it wasn't for this site this past Saturday. Invited another member but the asshole declined. Some bull shit excuse about being in Kansas or something.

I guess my point is the good outweighs the bad and I'll keep coming back.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

you didnt lose in that case....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    The site traffic has slowed, but the OG's for lack of a better word is what has kept me around for the last 22 years.

There are some salt of the earth men that still frequent this site and we are all blessed to have had them in our lives one way or another.

I know yall fellas have went through a lot with me in my personal life and have offered kind words, condolences and most importantly prayers. I know yall have been there for me through the loss of family, friends, miscarriages, and a divorce. And its just not the public posts, its the PM's, its the text messages checking on you that really showed me that these guys care about each other.

We watched Tube Socks and DCMBSC grow from young and dumb teenagers to good young men with wives and families. We watched Pine Island build the most custom deer stand seat known to man, and we watched an epic showdown for the ages with squatty and dave

Its just a good place to be and I dont plan on going anywhere for a long time.

Now enough with the nice talk, yall kiss my ass
    and watched kayakkillshots get arrested on livePD
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    and watched kayakkillshots get arrested on livePD
    Nothing beats the meme of him and the llama you made. Or whatever that animal was.

Most of the friends I have that will claim me come from this site. The god parents to my crips came from this site. I love this place. All of that is why I'd like to see it get back to a true hunting site.

I'm starting a "Take Back The Site" campaign. Every time I see one of the Q Kooks Klansman recycle some tired political rant I'm flooding it with hunting pictures. They can take their echo chamber nonsense to Redditt where there are enough clowns to give them their attaboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Nothing beats the meme of him and the llama you made. Or whatever that animal was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...