Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Site Traffic...

Default Low Site Traffic...

I admittedly don't have any data to back this up (I'm sure JAB or one of the nerds could get it easily) but it seems like traffic around here has been at an all time low.

Several times recently in the heat of what would normally be a high post count time of day, I've been away from my desk for an hour or so and come back to refresh the page to see what's what only to find there have been zero to a few new post. I will also admit I don't check in or spend as much time here as I used to. For me it's the rampant discussion of politics. It's repetitive, boring and does nothing to strengthen the community. Yes I said community.

Is this observation real or perceived? If it's real, what keeps you away or why do you think others now stay away. I find myself doing more checking in on forums that don't allow political discussions because they are rich with hunting and outdoors content. But I'm a case study of one so who knows.

I know my tapatalk app that I use to look at the site on my phone is not working. It keeps saying I'm not logged in and don't have permission to view anything. When I go to log in, it shows that I am currently logged in. That may have something to do with it. Seems to work fine from my desktop at work.

Cromer starting replying to a lot of threads
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

The site has been slow for me. Click on a link and it takes 30+ seconds to load.

Also, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I just noticed on the side of the main screen there's 50 something members logged in, and 1900+ guests ... That doesn't seem right.

The excruciating and persistent slowness definitely discourages engagement, though I'm sure it's a symptom not the root cause
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

It is slow for me as well. However, I do check in several times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    The site has been slow for me. Click on a link and it takes 30+ seconds to load.

Also, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I just noticed on the side of the main screen there's 50 something members logged in, and 1900+ guests ... That doesn't seem right.
    Same here.

And you can add me to your case study group so theres 2 of us. All the political BS got old a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Yep 30 sec. if you are lucky. I got tired of waiting
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Yep 30 sec. if you are lucky. I got tired of waiting
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

This is what happens when you allow drones for scouting and mud motors running rampant.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

For me its when it became uncool to post pics of dead stuff. I've always enjoyed reading the hunting stories. Members just don't do that anymore...

Trumps Gettysburg Address is crashing the internet, people are saying.

it's beautiful outside

Couple of observations:

- Like others have said, the site is painfully slow. I understand it happens from time to time, but this site has a lot of technical issues, especially lately.
    - Lack of interesting posts. Most threads suck these days
    - A lot of the "regular posters" don't post much anymore, reducing traffic, amusement, and interaction.
    - The "drift" from a hunting and fishing forum to literally anything but that (politics, news, sports, Facebook ish posts, opinions on whatever the clickbait of the day is, etc.)
    - I think most people just don't hunt and fish like they used to. Too busy with kids and life or the hassle to enjoy the outdoors has become too much.

IMO, overall, the site just sucks these days. Its been great for my productivity as I don't spend near as much time on here as I used to.
    Last edited by Remy; 04-15-2024 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    For me its when it became uncool to post pics of dead stuff. I've always enjoyed reading the hunting stories. Members just don't do that anymore...
    Me, too. Although I'm also guilty of not posting dead stuff (partly because I don't post personal images of family members, but also because we're so busy there ain't that much dead stuff), that's what I log on to see and read about. I was shocked how little was posted over the weekend. I'll add a turkey post here in a minute just because it was cool to see, but didn't result in any dead stuff.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    The turkey forum has been awfully slow this year.

It's because of the dang after 2010'ers.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    The excruciating and persistent slowness definitely discourages engagement, though I'm sure it's a symptom not the root cause
    this could be a decent sentence were it not for the extraneous comma and no period.

But I salute your effort.

and yes, this web site takes too dang long to load and it is, indeed, labluvr's fault.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

With the rise of hunting and fishing content on social media, I think people are apprehensive to post reports on here (myself included).

Gotta be the pine plantations fault