Thread: Heads up for those traveling I-26 over the next 30 days

Default Heads up for those traveling I-26 over the next 30 days

I was at a meeting last night and we were told they are going to raise some bridges in the Newberry area. There will be two 1/2 mile closures at two bridges 24 hours per day. While the closure spans are short, they expect traffic to backup about six miles in the east bound lanes. Be prepared for heavy traffic on 76 as well. Probably better pack a lunch if coming that way.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Here’s a little more detail so that people know which two out of the hundredish bridges on 26 he’s talking about.

https://www.wspa.com/news/local-news...ns-county/amp/

Thanks!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

That takes you right by hawg heaven and wises.

If they say it will be 30 days, go ahead and bet on 6 months. Road work ain't never fast

Not only are they gonna jack several bridges, but we're going to be doing a major paving job from MM 75-89. I did the plans for this segment, and in some places, we're cutting down as much as 1.0' to remove old pavement. I'm not sure when the paving is going to happen, but from what I remember from the staging plans, most lane closures are going to happen at night. Original plans were to cut down the crest vertical curves by several feet, but with all the rock in the area, it wasn't feasible for closures for blasting. (I'm pretty sure that was the main issue.)

Bridges affected:
    • S-32 Jalapa Rd
    • S-81 Old Whitmire
    • SC-121
    • S-44 Mt. Bethel Garmany
    • S-82 Bachman Chapel
    • S-38 Jolleystreet
    • S-99 Old Jollystreet
    • SC-773 St. Pauls

The bridges over Palmetto Trail will be rehabilitated during this project, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    If they say it will be 30 days, go ahead and bet on 6 months. Road work ain't never fast
    shit. Remember when the homeless folks in Atlanta set fire to a loader under an overpass?. GDot had that span replaced in record time. I'll look for the articles later.

Point is GDot had more money than scdot and they know how to spend it wisely
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    shit. Remember when the homeless folks in Atlanta set fire to a loader under an overpass?. GDot had that span replaced in record time. I'll look for the articles later.

Point is GDot had more money than scdot and they know how to spend it wisely
    You're correct. Road work in SC ain't fast. Some other states have it figured out.

You're correct. Road work in SC ain't fast. Some other states have it figured out.
    Are these other states awarding contracts to the lowest bidders?

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

Thanks, Going to be making a trip to Aiken this weekend. Looks like I need to adjust route!

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Not only are they gonna jack several bridges, but we're going to be doing a major paving job from MM 75-89. I did the plans for this segment, and in some places, we're cutting down as much as 1.0' to remove old pavement. I'm not sure when the paving is going to happen, but from what I remember from the staging plans, most lane closures are going to happen at night. Original plans were to cut down the crest vertical curves by several feet, but with all the rock in the area, it wasn't feasible for closures for blasting. (I'm pretty sure that was the main issue.)

Bridges affected:
    • S-32 Jalapa Rd
    • S-81 Old Whitmire
    • SC-121
    • S-44 Mt. Bethel Garmany
    • S-82 Bachman Chapel
    • S-38 Jolleystreet
    • S-99 Old Jollystreet
    • SC-773 St. Pauls

The bridges over Palmetto Trail will be rehabilitated during this project, too.
    This closure is to chisel out concrete decking on the bridges and repair. 24-7 work

Tell that to the out of state outfit doing the widening of 26 and malfunction junction, they are way ahead of schedule.