Thread: Feel-Good Gun Legislation Inbound

Default Feel-Good Gun Legislation Inbound

I'm not real sure how this is gonna work???

Sounds good on paper (if you're a Democrat):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...sed-biden-atf/

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

That link is bullshit. And WTF is a gun show loop hole?

Couldn't read without a bunch of pop-ups and advertising bullshit.

Sorry. It worked on my phone without ads popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    That link is bullshit. And WTF is a gun show loop hole?
    The “loop hole” is supposedly defined as the private sale of firearms without an NCIS check. “Closing it” would mean that all transactions would have to go through FFL’s.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

What's a NCIS check?

The only real NCIS had Jethro in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    The “loop hole” is supposedly defined as the private sale of firearms without an NCIS check. “Closing it” would mean that all transactions would have to go through FFL’s.
    Copy. Thank you. But I don't see how that has anything to do with a gun show.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Copy. Thank you. But I don't see how that has anything to do with a gun show.
    They say that lots of folks go to gun shows and stop people (not dealers) walking in with guns to sell. Then they buy the guns in the parking lot as a private sale before the guns ever make it inside...thus no back-ground check. I'm sure it happens, but not very much.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    They say that lots of folks go to gun shows and stop people (not dealers) walking in with guns to sell. Then they buy the guns in the parking lot as a private sale before the guns ever make it inside...thus no back-ground check. I'm sure it happens, but not very much.
    How in the world could you say “not very much”??? It may close the loophole for gun shows. But you can still buy guns from individuals online, like here, unless they say all sales have to go through a dealer. Even then there would be a shit ton of guns not registered in the system to who has them who could then in turn sell privately. Until they make you “produce your papers” for any gun in your possession, they’re just pandering. Love to see the stats on crimes committed with guns bought legally or with the loop hole from gun shows.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    How in the world could you say “not very much”??? It may close the loophole for gun shows. But you can still buy guns from individuals online, like here, unless they say all sales have to go through a dealer. Even then there would be a shit ton of guns not registered in the system to who has them who could then in turn sell privately. Until they make you “produce your papers” for any gun in your possession, they’re just pandering. Love to see the stats on crimes committed with guns bought legally or with the loop hole from gun shows.
    I just meant not very much at gun shows. Of course, there are tons of private gun sales (perfectly legal) and that's what they are really after. They are trying to make all private sales illegal. By calling it the "gun show loophole" they will get more support from ignorant people.
    Last edited by MKW; 04-11-2024 at 05:52 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Guns shows are junk these days anyway unless you want an AR or pistol
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

FIFY:

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Guns shows are junk these days anyway unless you want beef jerky or a chinesium knock-off flashlight
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I just meant not very much at gun shows. Of course, there are tons of private gun sales (perfectly legal) and that's what they are really after. They are trying to make all private sales illegal. By calling it the "gun show loophole" they will get more support from ignorant people.
    Agreed.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.