Thread: Did SC Tell the ATF F you?

Default Did SC Tell the ATF F you?

I dont know?

I've gotten no less than 3 robos calls from Washington, not WV. Interesting if you know anything about the process.

I got 2 emails.

They worried your 18 year old can vote, fight, but dont sell them a fire arm or drink a beer?

Crazy world.

Image 4-9-24 at 4.51 PM.jpg
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I suspect the thought process for the 18yr old carry provision may be along the lines of allowing younger folks like your 18yr old daughter to carry a firearm to protect herself while out and about and away at school (for example). However she won’t be able to buy one until 21. She would have to use yours.

Obviously could be wrong and it is a little wanky logic for sure……Maybe DT could chime in on the thoughts from discussions.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 04-10-2024 at 02:04 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

As noted this is an old way, not usual.

Someone freaked out.

I could show you Dt's response.....LOL.

I suspect it will come up Friday on Wake up Carolina if you want to tune in.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    I suspect the thought process for the 18yr old carry provision may be along the lines of allowing younger folks like your 18yr old daughter to carry a firearm to protect herself while out and about and away at school (for example). However she won’t be able to buy one until 21. She would have to use yours.

Obviously could be wrong and it is a little wanky logic for sure……Maybe DT could chime in on the thoughts from discussions.
    SC law was changed back in Sanborn's time to allow 18-21 year olds to purchase from private parties in SC, even though they can't purchase via an FFL until they are 21. Thus, they can legally carry since in SC they can legally possess and own their own handgun.

* This is not to be construed as legal advice, it's just my understanding of what I've been told both here and by an SC FFL in recent years.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    SC law was changed back in Sanborn's time to allow 18-21 year olds to purchase from private parties in SC, even though they can't purchase via an FFL until they are 21. Thus, they can legally carry since in SC they can legally possess and own their own handgun.

* This is not to be construed as legal advice, it's just my understanding of what I've been told both here and by an SC FFL in recent years.
    Yup.

One can purchase a handgun from a private party at age 18 (with proper SC state issued identification), but not at an actual FFL.

Doesn't make much sense...

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post

Yes but an 18 year old couldn’t carry in public back then.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Yes but an 18 year old couldn’t carry in public back then.
    Gotcha... wasn't sure about that since I'm much older and didn't have any 18-21 year olds running around. Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'