Thread: African PH gored by buffalo

Default African PH gored by buffalo

I spent three days in camp with Michael and four days with Alfred as my tracker. It sounds like he'll recover but probably has a long, hard rehab ahead of him. - See the Facebook post below.

The client that wounded the buffalo was ex-military, almost deaf and, self-admittedly, in poor physical shape so it sounds like Michael left him in camp and went out with the two trackers to "sort out" the wounded buffalo as the only gun.

It's reality that almost every older dangerous game PH has gotten tangled up with a buffalo or leopard once. I remember hearing Johan Calitz saying something to the effect that he didn't really know how to be a good PH until after he got gored by a buffalo. If I ever go back to Africa, buffalo will be the primary reason. I would go with Michael, especially now.

On the fifth day of my hunt, my PH and I stumbled into a group of buffalo right at evening. He radioed Michael and his buffalo client who were close enough that they got there before dark. I was invited to tag along as they stalked the three old bulls but declined. It wasn't because I didn't want to go but I just didn't want to be the one that stepped on a branch and spooked the duggaboys. I stayed by the truck with Alfred but it wasn't long before someone stepped on a branch and spooked the buffalo...at least it wasn't me. Here's a picture I took as the buffalo hunters were working back to the truck...Michael is the tall guy, second in line.

These guys live life every day...

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Facebook post:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

That would be absolutely terrifying. Prayers for full recovery
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Dang. That would be terrible. Prayers for his recovery.

Wow! Thanks for sharing