Thread: Sika...

Default Sika...

Wooo Boy! Our general surgeon and my good friend Robert Marshall told me to drop by his house to pick up some deer steaks he wanted me to try, He used to guide and hunt, but he does not anymore for some reason he hasn't decided to let me in on yet. Regardless, he has hunting buds that hook him up with meat...including me. One of his buds hooked him up with some sika deer backstops, and that is what he gave me. I seared them super hot in a touch of grapeseed for 1 min each side before finishing them for 5 minutes in the oven at 425. I lucked into the perfect medium rare, and they were ridiculous. Ultra flavorful, incredibly tender perfection. My nephew is looking into booking us a sika deer hunt in the Delmarva with an outfitter. Hopefully we can figure it out enough to not need an outfitter for future hunts. Anybody on here ever gone up and hunted these tasty critters? I can tell you it is prime time premium venison.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I'm getting hungry.

Sounds delicious.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Delmarva -- a proposed 51st state???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delmarva_Peninsula

i've messed with them.
    hearing one bugle is cool as hell.
    they live in the marsh. every time I hunted them, they stayed in there....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Meateater series has a good two-episode hunt for them. Rinella and Cal made it look like a highly enjoyable trip...eating blue crabs and fresh seafood for lunch and dinner between sitting high in the pines and sniping the sika from the marsh in the mornings and evenings. I can dig it.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

He's gotta consider you a damn good friend to share something like that. Hands down best red meat I've ever eaten, and I've tried most of everything.