Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: H4820 Turkey Bill, Senate Subcommitte next Thursday.....

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I do the exact thing. I prebait the first week of February and get a good inventory before I decide to hunt a place.
    I've done it for years. I actually elect not to hunt some tracts for this very reason. With that said thankfully I always have birds to hunt every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

I do the exact thing. I prebait the first week of February and get a good inventory before I decide to hunt a place.
    Dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. You and others that do this are trying to keep the birds from disbursing. If there are those that want changes to baiting laws make it no corn on the ground after February 1st.
    If you want an inventory walk the woods and look. Or when the season opens see how many you hear gobble.

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    Dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. You and others that do this are trying to keep the birds from disbursing. If there are those that want changes to baiting laws make it no corn on the ground after February 1st.
    If you want an inventory walk the woods and look. Or when the season opens see how many you hear gobble.
    Instead of letting emotion get involved read what we wrote about not taking too many turkeys or none for that matter off a property. My biology 101 seems to be working. I have multiple tracts that are hunted by more than 1 person and we have a 1 bird limit imposed from camera surveys. Camera surveys are one of the best tools to managing a resource believe it or not.

I agree with timber22

No bait period. For any hunting season. That would be a good start.

I can stand behind that. Maybe that would force people to plant more food plots.

I agree with timber22

Stats from app.

April 1-10, 2023 - 3643 statewide
    April 1-10, 2024 - 1794 statewide

Sad numbers for the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Instead of letting emotion get involved read what we wrote about not taking too many turkeys or none for that matter off a property. My biology 101 seems to be working. I have multiple tracts that are hunted by more than 1 person and we have a 1 bird limit imposed from camera surveys. Camera surveys are one of the best tools to managing a resource believe it or not.
    You are correct there is emotion involved, when all the people buying 5-15 acres now becoming plantation owners .
    As far as the ones caught hunting over bait, that’s the oldest story and trick in the book. Plow it under day or two before you hunt. If the GW had checked their trail cameras there were probably pictures of the bait being placed out!

You are correct there is emotion involved, when all the people buying 5-15 acres now becoming plantation owners .
    As far as the ones caught hunting over bait, that’s the oldest story and trick in the book. Plow it under day or two before you hunt. If the GW had checked their trail cameras there were probably pictures of the bait being placed out!
    I agree with hunting over bait or plowing it under before you hunt. Stiff penalties and fines should be handed out in that situation or loss of hunting license. I was referring to 1-2 months prior to the season starting for inventory purposes.

I agree with timber22

It's a shame you won't realize how wrong you are. By getting inventories in February, it sets the baseline for the season. In every instance I will hear more birds during the season than camera inventories show, but regardless of that, my rule is 4 gobblers must be present to take just one. I also know of probably 90% of the birds that neighbors take, which are counted against my inventory.
    And I've got almost 7K acres in turkey woods, birds disbursing is not my worry, proper management, take and a steady/increasing turkey population is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

This is great entertainment, should be pinned at the top.

Baiting is baiting boys, whether you do it in February or April. Y'all can call it "prebaiting" all you want, it's still baiting.

#lowcountrymentality

PS - We had plenty of turkeys in the upstate before y'all's deer baiting BS made it up here. Needs to be banned statewide, that way these poachers won't have a built in excuse when they get busted.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

In February, it's called feeding....
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Not if it's still there in April
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

What do you call a dude who's really good at baiting?

A faggot?

A Master faggot?

No wait, that ain't right....

MASTERBAiTER! Thats it!

tfc
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    A Master faggot?

No wait, that ain't right....

MASTERBAiTER! Thats it!
    Dammit! I knew that one too. Shit.

I do, too. It's gone way way before the season starts. I just need to have an idea of how many birds we have so that I know how many we can shoot. We usually don't have many, so the answer is usually one.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Stats from app.

April 1-10, 2023 - 3643 statewide
    April 1-10, 2024 - 1794 statewide

Sad numbers for the state.
    There was a glitch in the system and harvest numbers in zone 3&4 were incorrect for the last 8 days but they have since been updated FYI
    ETA.....the statewide total is 5,846
    Last edited by Calibogue; 04-10-2024 at 04:12 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

This is here has been one of the major problems down here. It's like we live in a tropical rain forest. Wait until May the mansoon season.