Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: H4820 Turkey Bill, Senate Subcommitte next Thursday.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Y'all better be glad I don't make the rules because I would propose the following:

• 2 Bird Limit
    • April 1 - May 1 Statewide
    • Resident 1 tag - $200 or 2 tags for $250
    • Resident and Non-resident Youth Tags - $50/tag Max 2
    • Non-resident 1 tag - $400
    • 5 year suspension of license for untagged or unchecked bird
    • 5 year suspension of license for hunting over bait
    • 10 year suspension of license for killing a turkey over bait
    • 75% of tag proceeds go towards habitat management incentives on private and state owned land
    I like it!
    I'd add...

No decoys
    No blinds... except for disabled hunters
    No hunting after 1pm
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I like it!
    I'd add...

No decoys
    No blinds... except for disabled hunters
    No hunting after 1pm

I'll add - Have absolutely no fun

lol this is a turkey we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    There have been years where they gobbled in the afternoon better than the mornings. That being said, afternoon hunters aren’t to blame for the decline in turkeys, weather, habitat and dick heads who go over the limit are.
    Preach

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    There have been years where they gobbled in the afternoon better than the mornings. That being said, afternoon hunters aren’t to blame for the decline in turkeys, weather, habitat and dick heads who go over the limit are.
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    In February, it's called feeding....
    You dirty ole pre baiter.

Everybody keep pumping their chests. Kill your bird and stop. Do that and come back here. Bunch of chest thumping bird greedy people. “I’ll stop killing and keep calling. I’m not pulling the trigger.”

Fuck off. I’m pissed at all of y’all because I am actually doing it.

Bitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious question.

How well is this new call in report actually working and fixing anything? It isn't like birds are taken to a processor where there is a paper trail like a deer. So with the amount of time you have to call in after turkey has been killed how accurate are the results?

It seems like everything is ruled to death but at the end of the day being able to enforce all the laws are getting slimmer and slimmer.

I could care less about turkey hunting but still believe the resource should be protected.

When we had a 5
    When we had 5 tags. How many filled them? 3% did?

I’m taking my 7 year old in the morning here in NC. We will be in jeans, sitting in a blind overlooking a small food plot a few birds have been using at random times of the day with 3 decoys. I hope he kills one. I’ve never cared much for turkey hunting.

For those who think moving the season back, are y’all going to impose that “regulation” on yourselves until it is passed?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

And yall take it easy on us out of staters, we ain’t trying to take a bird out of yalls shitty population
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Here’s a habitat question that doesn’t seem to get talked about too much…does nobody see a problem with Santee Cooper keeping the river above flood stage for the majority of the spring? I very rarely get a chance to hunt the swamp, but I have a buddy that does and I keep an eye on river levels. I know those birds will disperse, but how many nests are potentially lost to flooding? How does it affect flock hierarchy when those birds disperse?

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

The Senate Subcommittee is set to reconvene on this bill Thursday morning the 18th @ 930AM
    As I understand it, they should be taking testimony from citizens that DID NOT speak at the last meeting.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

The Senate Subcommittee is set to reconvene on this bill Thursday morning the 18th @ 930AM
    As I understand it, they should be taking testimony from citizens that DID NOT speak at the last meeting.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

how are we looking on this? i was feeling good it was going to pass, now it's been stuck for about 3 weeks.

Anybody have an update on this?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

House amended their bill into another senate bill. Senate is having one more subcommittee meeting on it, followed by full committee on Wednesday. Should have a bill on the floor before Sine Die.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    how are we looking on this? i was feeling good it was going to pass, now it's been stuck for about 3 weeks.
    To much time, the proposed regulations will be messed with by lawmakers based on their opinions rendering any positive change useless.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    To much time, the proposed regulations will be messed with by lawmakers based on their opinions rendering any positive change useless.
    Politicians going to politic.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold