Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: H4820 Turkey Bill, Senate Subcommitte next Thursday.....

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Grooms added an amendment that people with 2500 acres could
    start hunting march 25th because they are better than everyone else.
    Sounds like public land is getting a 25 March opener.

As hard as it is to get some people to be open minded to change that very well could help bird numbers like other states have done, we have something like this proposed which makes those we’re trying to convince think what the hell is the point anyways? I’m beyond sick of politics muddling wildlife from both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

A search of who owns 2500 acres or more in his district should help narrow down which pocket that dude is riding in.

Grooms added an amendment that people with 2500 acres could
    start hunting march 25th because they are better than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    If that's written into law I will start outlawing effective March 25th. To hell with politicians.
    lol seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    How is that specified?

As in a single tract? Private landowner with a continuous 2500 acres, what about a club with that kind of acreage?
    2500 acres under conservation easement. Oh and it has to be "managed for wildlife" as well.

ETA: And only in game zone 3
    Last edited by Gut_Pile; 05-10-2024 at 10:10 AM.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I emailed Larry. It was not a nice email. I am sure he will correct his behavior forthwith.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Sounds like public land is getting a 25 March opener.
    Underrated post right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I emailed Larry. It was not a nice email. I am sure he will correct his behavior forthwith.
    A bunch of folks need to. What he did is absolutely ridiculous. Guess he can tell a few good ol campaign contributors that he tried. Shows everything that is wrong with the process.

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingFeathers View Post
    Take this for what it's worth, but after peer review this research will be shredded to pieces. Also worth noting, as I understand it since this research has been presented, the state of Tennessee has turned their finger up at it and going with a delayed start date.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Also worth noting, Harper stated that biologically a delayed start date may have a positive effect. They just did not see it in their research he said.
    If you start at about 1 hour and 8 minutes you can hear what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 05-10-2024 at 01:24 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

He some what specifies that as “different states having different frameworks of chronology from north to south”, that is what he is referring to as looking at it biologically.
    At about 1:12 they start the discussion that late start, and bag limit reduction, didn’t reduce harvest rates. But hunter efficiency went up.
    At 1:18 they say that Tennessee is moving the season back to the earlier start

I have heard differently about Tennessee going back to an earlier start date.

SC would be state that could benefit from later start……..in the low country. The studies done in SC on nest initiation/ incubation, if I remember correctly, showed that initiation average was April 3 to 9. Those studies were done at Webb Center and Savanah River Site. That data along with this study would show that SC low country should certainly start later than the current March 22 date.
    They also go on to say that it has been accepted by peer review journal. So it must not have been shredded to bad.

It is been accepted for peer review I do not believe that process is taking place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    You saying it would have passed with senator grooms addition if it wasn’t tied to the flounder?
    Guess who amended it? Me

Call your legislator, and remind Toof to do the same.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

that’s funny,

my legislators call
    me first but your name hasn’t been mentioned.
    Last edited by raybird; 05-10-2024 at 07:22 PM.
    Windows Down!

Just caught up on this thread. Turkey threads are the gift that keeps on giving.. my favorite I’d the baiting for inventory… The reason you do it, the reason everyone does it is because you know the birds will keep coming back for weeks after it’s gone still looking for the scratch feed you put out and will stay on your property. But blinds and decoys are what’s doing the turkeys in…
    Last edited by FLS; 05-11-2024 at 07:33 AM.