Thread: Iray 640 thermal video

Default Iray 640 thermal video

Not real sure what forum to put this in since it can be part of several….if you wanna skip all the banter and logistics I start killin stuff at time stamp 19:20.

IRAY RICO RH50 V2 640 Thermal Scope Unboxing, Zeroing and Hunting
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Awesome killin'!

I assume the white reticle can be green or red, correct?

That tiny white thing seems to disappear rather easily.

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

Yeah it changes…it’s really hard to see in playback on a phone but it’s not an issue when looking through the scope. I did learn that shooting with a black reticle on white hot it’s really hard to see where your reticle is on running shots…that’s why the last few pigs I changed to green.

Great outing(s) and nice shooting. What caliber are you using?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Is it legal to hunt bobcats at night with a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Seasons (Trapping & Hunting)
    Trapping: It is lawful to trap furbearing animals from December 1 of each year to March 1 of the following year with a valid Commercial Fur Harvester’s License.

Trapping for Noncommercial Purposes Only (requires a hunting license): Cannot possess more than 5 furbearing animals when trapping for a noncommercial purpose.

Beaver: Year-round.
    Raccoon and Opossum: September 15- March 15.
    Bobcat, Fox, Mink, Muskrat, Otter, Skunk, Weasel: Thanksgiving-March 1
    Coyotes: December 1- March 1
    Hunting: Furbearer hunting seasons are listed under the small game seasons. Coyotes and beaver may be hunted during daylight hours year ‘round on private lands by licensed hunters. Coyotes may be hunted with or without bait.

Night Hunting: Raccoons, opossums, foxes, mink, and skunk may be hunted at night during the open hunting season for those species; however, they may not be hunted with artificial lights except when treed or cornered with dogs and no buckshot or any shot larger than #4, or any rifle ammunition larger than a twenty-two rimfire may be used. Devices that amplify light using any type of power source including any having an electronic screen other or similar digital viewfinder, are considered artificial light (including night vision or infrared/thermal imaging equipment). This does not include traditional illuminated scope reticles or dots. (50-11-120, 50-11-710, 50-11-1080, 50-11-2540)

A hunting license is required to hunt coyotes at night. In addition, the landowner must register their property with SCDNR for night hunting. Coyotes may not be hunted at night on any unregistered property, except with a SCDNR-issued depredation permit. On registered properties, coyotes may be hunted at night with artificial lights and nightvision devices using any legal firearm, bow, or crossbow. Registered properties may also hunt armadillos and feral hogs at night using the same weapons and devices. It is unlawful to hunt coyotes (or armadillos or feral hogs) at night within 300 yards of a residence without the permission of the occupant. This yardage restriction does not apply to the landowner hunting their own property, or under the authority of a SCDNR-issued depredation permit. It is unlawful to shoot or attempt to shoot a coyote (or armadillo or feral hog), at night, from, on, or across any public paved road. Property registration to the SCDNR is required once annually as prescribed by SCDNR for each property. A brief, annual report of each registered property’s night hunting activities is required to re-register a property the following year. Persons convicted of certain night hunting violations during the previous five years are ineligible to hunt coyotes at night. (50-11-1080, 50-11-700 et seq.)

Electronic Calls
    It is illegal to hunt, catch, take, kill or attempt to hunt, catch, take or kill any game bird or game animal with the aid of electronic calls. Except for coyotes, all furbearing animals are also classified as small game and cannot be taken with electronic calls. However, it is legal to use electronic calls during the day or night for hunting coyotes on private lands and during the day on WMA lands where hunting for coyotes is allowed. (50-11-40)

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    It is in GA

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Great outing(s) and nice shooting. What caliber are you using?
    6 mm creed and 6.5 grendel