Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hank Parker on Forward Facing Sonar

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Hell I would be happy if the sorry ass bass fishermen would learn to have just a LITTLE respect for other boaters. Fuckers are worse than duck hunters on a WMA!!
    You must be the guy anchored in the middle of the channel markers flipping people off because they dont slow down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

When the paper graphs came out, everyone thought the fish populations would get wiped out. And as stated, gps and navionics have done more to give fisherman a shortcut than FFS ever will. You can now sit at home and identify potential productive water on a lake anywhere in the world in minutes where it used to take a lifetime of experience (and a rope with heavy weight) to learn lake contours. Anyone who thinks the fish won’t somewhat adapt to FFS is kidding themself or just biased. They get educated pretty quick either by getting dried off for a few minutes or getting ziplocked, in which case the smarter survive and pass those genes (or jeans) on. I don’t necessarily enjoy watching the screen to catch them, but I do enjoy the ability to eliminate dead water in a few minutes where it used to take hours. The overwhelming majority of the time, I’m using it on perspective mode to identify targets (rock piles, brush, ends of boat ramps,etc) vs looking for actual fish. Is that really much different than gps/mapping?

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Hell I would be happy if the sorry ass bass fishermen would learn to have just a LITTLE respect for other boaters. Fuckers are worse than duck hunters on a WMA!!
    There are an ass of disrespectful bass fisherman. There are also an ass of disrespectful crappie fisherman. They’d piss people off too if they could go fast enough and put off more than a 6” ripple. They just don’t get noticed in the Jon boat except for their 20 40’ B and M’s pointing every direction or when they’re poaching a brush pile or 20 that they didn’t put in. Should everyone also stop for the striper guys dragging 6 miles worth of line at 2mph down the middle of a channel run? How about when they troll across the shoal I’ve been sitting on since daylight?
    Just go fish and adapt to the fact that this ain’t 1980 anymore, as much as we wish it was.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    There are an ass of disrespectful bass fisherman. There are also an ass of disrespectful crappie fisherman. They’d piss people off too if they could go fast enough and put off more than a 6” ripple. They just don’t get noticed in the Jon boat except for their 20 40’ B and M’s pointing every direction or when they’re poaching a brush pile or 20 that they didn’t put in. Should everyone also stop for the striper guys dragging 6 miles worth of line at 2mph down the middle of a channel run? How about when they troll across the shoal I’ve been sitting on since daylight?
    Just go fish and adapt to the fact that this ain’t 1980 anymore, as much as we wish it was.
    How does one poach a brush pile? This could be interesting.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

For those of you that have never used it and that think FFS is like shooting fish in a barrel, I welcome you on my boat anytime and you can give it a shot. I’ll put $100 on you won’t catch one on it, atleast not one that you are targeting. I agree something has to be done on the pro level. We will never see it go away but I see where they limit to one transducer.

People who are good at it, spend a lot of time dialing it in. One thing for sure, it’s boring to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have never lost a fishing tournament to jwilliams.
    Know that
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Can I find a tier 1 FFS ?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

its quantity, not quality apparently.

you just get 5 or 6 regular FFSs
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If these things are so hard to use and don't give you any advantage then why have one?

And FFS, this whole deal needs another abbreviation.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If these things are so hard to use and don't give you any advantage then why have one?

And FFS, this whole deal needs another abbreviation.
    Nobody is saying it won’t give you an advantage. It’s just not plug and play. The people who are good at it have 100s if not 1000s of hours using it.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Nobody is saying it won’t give you an advantage. It’s just not plug and play. The people who are good at it have 100s if not 1000s of hours using it.

Not the people I know.....they must be super smart. LOL Neighbor came by my house and showed me cell phone video of crappie hitting tuffies cast directly to the them, set the hook as soon as you SAW the fish suck it in. Looked like a video game. Same neighbor went to Monticello a month ago and targeted crappie suspended at 5 ft in 60 foot of water. Limited out on slabs like it wasn't even a challenge.
    It's truly pathetic. The same folks that talk about how the instant gratification crowd is ruining hunting and fishing ARE the instant gratification crowd ruining hunting and fishing. Everyone has to be a winner and get a trophy no matter what the cost to the resource.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 03-27-2024 at 02:37 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Maybe I shouldn't have a tier 1. I don't want to catch one every cast.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Not the people I know.....they must be super smart. LOL Neighbor came by my house and showed me cell phone video of crappie hitting tuffies cast directly to the them, set the hook as soon as you SAW the fish suck it in. Looked like a video game. Same neighbor went to Monticello a month ago and targeted crappie suspended at 5 ft in 60 foot of water. Limited out on slabs like it wasn't even a challenge.
    It's truly pathetic. The same folks that talk about how the instant gratification crowd is ruining hunting and fishing ARE the instant gratification crowd ruining hunting and fishing. Everyone has to be a winner and get a trophy no matter what the cost to the resource.
    Crappie is a different story. That is shooting fish in a barrel

Went ice fishing out of a Snow bear. Had the live scope. It didn't make us catch fish but it sure showed us when they came by. Funny to watch their reactions to the bait, and your reaction could get them to bite. Very much like a video game.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Went ice fishing out of a Snow bear. Had the live scope. It didn't make us catch fish but it sure showed us when they came by. Funny to watch their reactions to the bait, and your reaction could get them to bite. Very much like a video game.
    It makes your realize how many fish you don’t catch.

I’ll be honest, it wouldn’t bother me if it went away but at this point, it’s not going anywhere. The biggest thing I use it for is locating structure and being g able to tell exactly what it is.

The walleye would get inches away and just eye the bait. Usually if you started taking it away, they would chase it up and bite. Image would show his pectoral fins fanning, that kind of detail.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Crappie is a different story. That is shooting fish in a barrel

Please please don’t act like you honestly think crappie are dumber than bass… Bass eat anything and everything.

If FFW is cool, let ‘em use live bait. If that happened, Bubba in the John bote with the 10hp. would bust their asses.