Thread: Africa

Default Africa

I’m going to Africa for a ten day hunt at the end of May. I know some of y’all have been just wondering what boots are the best for out there. I heard everything will stick you out there. I don’t want to wear muck boots there or take my snake proof chaps.

You can wear flip flops. You will ride in a toyota until you see your game. Get out and shoot. Don't over think it.

It’s not going to be that easy.

I’m in early stages of planning a trip- good luck and share the story when you get back

A Cape buffalo will make you think twice about flip flops. The hippo are pretty mean also.

Enjoy the hunt. I only hunted plains game. Either way it's a hunt of a lifetime. Which outfitter are you going with? Long flight.

I got a pair of Russell PH boots with crepe soles when I went in 09. They were great. Still dove hunt in them

We are going with Infiniti Safaris. There are four of us going hunting. I haven’t decided yet on what package I’m going to hunt. I probably stay with the plain animals. I know of one of my buddies is going after the Cape buffalo.

That's probably going to be my next big trip and I need to start researching. Please share your experience.

Regular boots are fine.

I wore my Shnee’s last trip, they worked great but were overkill. I wore Blundstones a couple times, they worked fine. First trip I went there years ago I wore basic Merrel boots.

As long as they’re comfortable, you’ll be fine for a basic plains game hunt.

Courteneys are the standard. On my trips I’ve taken walking boots and hiking boots and used both. Typically anything you’re comfortable with will work.

No input regarding the boots, but I'd recommend PM'ing Rubberhead for additional information.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

just dont hike in your walking boots.
    or walk in your hiking boots.

and yes, rh will have a spreadsheet for boot choices based on barometric pressure and other factors.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Courteneys are the standard. On my trips I’ve taken walking boots and hiking boots and used both. Typically anything you’re comfortable with will work.
    These are what I wore on my buffalo hunt. Wore regular hiking boots on my first trip to Botswana, which was all spot and stalk with a bow. I walked 10 plus miles per day most days of both of my 10-day hunts.
    Carolina Counsel

You do not want to take muck boots, that is for sure. Like others have said you will walk several miles per day, if you want to. A good pair of hiking boots with a high cut to protect your ankles. Danners will work great.