Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Bullshit

Default More Bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SC lawmakers need to just tell the feds we’ll manage our fishermen and their catches out of our ports. SAFMC managing the NC/Va border to the Keys as one fishery is absolutely stupid.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Have no fear your post will shortly be moderated in that it chastises the "federal narrative". Let's dont worry about that.

I have no idea what the annual harvest should be.

But I know I damn sure trust you so called red neck, imbeciles, or deplorable's before I ever would trust some idiot wearing a .gov badge. Who has never even seen the ocean much less actually fished.

This crap is ridiculous.

Obviously we are far better stewards of the land and sea than they are but now we cant even navigate the waters due to morons in the federal government telling us what we should do!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Where do the numbers come from? Extrapolate from boats at the ramp?

Never been checked except by DNR.

What should that number be in lbs?

Should commercial close if they close rec? I think so. Should we manage state by state? Or NC/SC/GA? Florida access makes it a different animal.

I'd wager that SC's grouper fishery is highly under fished by 80% of recreational crews.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I'd wager that SC's grouper fishery is highly under fished by 80% of recreational crews.
    80% is probably pretty ambitious.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I’m sure they are gonna say the same thing that they said about ARS. Basically, number are fine but the breeding stock is not at the level it should be and is the direct result of discard. If you don’t think there are people who want a complete shutdown of bottom fishing during certain times just wait. Guarantee electric reels will be on the docket at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Don’t forget the ARS, Golden Tiles, Red Porgy etc. The size of the fishery lumped under the SAFMC’s purview is ridiculous, Florida alone should be managed in 3 separate zones NC, SC and Ga are much more alike. Add in rec closures while commercial remains open, it all adds up to lobbies and money.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sharks are killing more grouper and ARS than any rec fishermen.

well sounds like the gags will end up like an american red on my bottom trips...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Where do the numbers come from? Extrapolate from boats at the ramp?

Never been checked except by DNR.

What should that number be in lbs?

Should commercial close if they close rec? I think so. Should we manage state by state? Or NC/SC/GA? Florida access makes it a different animal.
    Commercial quote was cut down to 300 pound trip limit on grouper. That does not include 200 pound snowy trip limit.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    If you don’t think there are people who want a complete shutdown of bottom fishing during certain times just wait. Guarantee electric reels will be on the docket at some point.

I’d be cool with a shutdown in certain areas for spawning redfish…

I’m not fully up to date with the offshore stuff but One of the big issues with reef fish is relatively high release mortality to account for. I will say the redfish stock is way down and you can still catch plenty, catch and population health are not mutually inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I’d be cool with a shutdown in certain areas for spawning redfish…

I’m not fully up to date with the offshore stuff but One of the big issues with reef fish is relatively high release mortality to account for. I will say the redfish stock is way down and you can still catch plenty, catch and population health are not mutually inclusive.
    I’ve heard mortality numbers as high as 70 or 80%. To me it makes absolutely zero sense if you acknowledge that number to have a zero fish limit. Your acknowledging that the fish are going to die anyway, so why in the world would you not allow anglers to keep one or two a day. I promise you they’re not stop fishing the area just because they can’t keep red snapper. It just means they’ve got apick through them. And I bet compliance with descending devices is very low.

Where I fish, the redfish population has never been more healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I’ve heard mortality numbers as high as 70 or 80%. To me it makes absolutely zero sense if you acknowledge that number to have a zero fish limit. Your acknowledging that the fish are going to die anyway, so why in the world would you not allow anglers to keep one or two a day. I promise you they’re not stop fishing the area just because they can’t keep red snapper. It just means they’ve got apick through them. And I bet compliance with descending devices is very low.

Where I fish, the redfish population has never been more healthy.

Do you open the season year round and let every one that hits the rail (or first x number) be kept or do you account for that mortality affect open season?

Statewide numbers/data show a strong trend to the contrary. Much of that shows a decrease in recruitment/spawning related (going off my memory of the last presentation I sat through). Again catching fish does not mean the stock is as healthy as it could be/has historically been.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 03-20-2024 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Do you open the season year round and let every one that hits the rail (or first x number) be kept or do you account for that mortality affect open season?

Statewide numbers/data show a strong trend to the contrary. Much of that shows a decrease in recruitment/spawning related (going off my memory of the last presentation I sat through). Again catching fish does not mean the stock is as healthy as it could be/has historically been.
    Catching young fish (and a lot of them) means they are reproducing. The science being presented does not match the OVERWHELMING feedback given from the people that actually spend time on the water.

Again, if they acknowledge that mortality rate is high, it is ridiculous to have a zero bag limit acknowledging 7 out of 10 fish are going to die. Either close it completely or let people keep 2 fish during the time most people bottom fish. There would be virtually zero net change to mortality.

Lets ask the Japanese what the framework should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by pluffmudder View Post
    Lets ask the Japanese what the framework should look like.
    Yeah, they have it down to a science for sure

Fillet knife sales will be booming!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

And new limit, one per person 2 PER BOAT

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post
    And new limit, one per person 2 PER BOAT

3 tags with license annually. Buy up to 5/10 more at $X.00/ea. Steep fine for an untagged fish.