Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Millaree Hunt Club

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i think raping land A and preserving land B is a 50% net loss of land. that's silly. its a sham- a political one and no i'm not running for office.
    and millaree is a swamp. protection from what? Whom? I'd rather a person own it than the state.
    i can go on for days about the stupidity of things such as this. I am sure you will take your politicians stance but what good comes of this?
    surely you can see through the bullshit, right?
    I am sure some folks walked away from this smelling like lucre.
    DILLIGAF

agree with the latest responses.
    its sad. look at the people who had memories there. yes, I'm old. we used to be able to ride thru westinghouse and show up at the clubhouse depending on who was cooking. my dad was not afraid to show up.... and I can never forget sitting with marion by the icemaker on a stool and just shooting the shit while people cleaned deer or hogs. its a cockle warmer.

i look at the company "handling the restoration." I dont hate them but i do envy the government wasteful spending for them to do what? tear out some culvert pipes? Mother nature will do that shit for free. to what end? Forest restoration with hardwoods? yeah. good luck. I guess a sweet gum is a hardwood though.

and the "haile gold mine" is always on my mind. fuck global warming. that wont get ME but watching things happen in the name of "growth" while they "protect" 5000 acres of "worthless" swamp is beyond me. am I the only one that sees that as a 50% net loss? what am I missing here? besides the money to make money off of money... (which is why i am against monetary or tax relief for private landowners to "manage" their property for turkeys or whatever)

I guess I like the thought of a conservation easement but its not all roses, either.

politicians pass laws. people make bank. no one really seems to care what happens as long as their people vote for them and pay for stuff.

a state park that should be a hunting club (but i think all golf courses should be, too)

so yeah it sucks and i'm kinda wondering why DT had to ask me? I'm not pissy ALL the time but if you cant smell the hypocrisy here, i dont want to spend much time with you....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It seems we are caught in a time where some want economic growth while others want to get the good old days back. I can argue for either side of the debate. Our greed for more personal wealth will always come at a cost. Our way of life is in jeopardy. I get it. Every time I clear 20 areas of land for another phase of a sub-division, it saddens me.

Public policy is currently geared towards growth with a sidebar of conservation. Some areas are swollen with "prosperity" while others are dwindling into oblivion.

Personally, I want my cake and eat it too.

We know the state management will not be the same as it was privately. However, there will be some version of public access.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

i hope so.

i look at the gas line on my place with some disdain....but i'm gonna enjoy the gas line bc i cant make it go away.

same perspective as you, DT.

Why protect a swamp that was apparently never going to be developed anyhow? WTF am I missing???
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Why protect a swamp that was apparently never going to be developed anyhow? WTF am I missing???
    I think you're missing a lot, but in this conversation: I think you get the just of it.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

gist, gypsy

Since apparently I am right in my assumption, then would it not be better to protect lands in the path of growth instead? What am I missing?
    12-26-98 12-1-13

you're missing two important factors: greed and politics

you're missing two important factors: greed and politics
    I know, just being an ass.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

that's my job

Now no one can use it, and our tax dollars bought it, so we can make a battery powered truck that no one in sc wants, from solar that is covering up our states good farm and forest land. In 20 years the scout plant will be making something that burns gas or boarded up and the land those panels are on will be getting remediated with our tax dollars. It’s not hard to predict.

Can you turkey hunt it on youth day without a youth? Asking for a friend
    Last edited by KRT; 03-20-2024 at 09:04 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

i hope so.

i look at the gas line on my place with some disdain....but i'm gonna enjoy the gas line bc i cant make it go away.

same perspective as you, DT.
    Do you get paid for said gas Line Kevin? If not you should
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

i voted against and dont recall the number we were paid for the timber. it was not much.

i think raping land A and preserving land B is a 50% net loss of land. that's silly. its a sham- a political one and no i'm not running for office.
    and millaree is a swamp. protection from what? Whom? I'd rather a person own it than the state.
    i can go on for days about the stupidity of things such as this. I am sure you will take your politicians stance but what good comes of this?
    surely you can see through the bullshit, right?
    You should email your Representative and Senator.
    Oh, and get your friends to email them also, that's how you can make a difference
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-21-2024 at 08:17 AM.

In every neighborhood I have developed, just after people move into their house, they don't want any further development.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    In every neighborhood I have developed, just after people move into their house, they don't want any further development.
    Funny how that works. Everybody wants someone else to sacrifice, but never want to themselves.

thats great. thanks for telling us.

too bad this isnt a neighborhood and never could become one. you can waste YOUR money building neighborhoods but quit wasting MINE on shit like this

Since stupid people piss you off, what part of this scenario also piss you off?
    I will ask it again. Be specific please.