Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry Just Passed the Senate!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I just read the below on one of the news sites. Doesn't current law state you can carry into a bar or restaurant as long as you don't consume? Why would they change that?

"It also aims to restrict firearms in bars. Under the bill, if a person is convicted of knowingly carrying a firearm into a business that sells alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine for consumption on the premises is guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than two years. If that person also holds a CWP, the State has the right to revoke it for five years."
    Comment deleted based on your correction below.... however...

So much for South Carolina being a "Second Amendment Sanctuary State"... what a farce.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 03-07-2024 at 01:17 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I just read the below on one of the news sites. Doesn't current law state you can carry into a bar or restaurant as long as you don't consume? Why would they change that?

"It also aims to restrict firearms in bars. Under the bill, if a person is convicted of knowingly carrying a firearm into a business that sells alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine for consumption on the premises is guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than two years. If that person also holds a CWP, the State has the right to revoke it for five years."
    I found the bill. It seems the law still reads the same that if you are not consuming alcohol you are "ok"... unless I'm misinterpreting that.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Damn, Rion... I haven't read the full bill yet, but if this language is in there and means exactly what it says, everyone who voted for this language... which appears to essential nullify 'Restaurant Carry', and carries up to a two year prison sentence (misdemeanor or not) which means you lose your 2A rights for life.... should be run out of the State on a rail.

So much for South Carolina being a "Second Amendment Sanctuary State"... what a farce.
    I think the news is trying to make this confusing. The bill is online. I'm reading through it now. The "punishment" happens if you consume and carry. Same as before.

Section 8 of the bill explains it.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 03-06-2024 at 09:19 PM.

I think the news is trying to make this confusing. The bill is online. I'm reading through it now. The "punishment" happens if you consume and carry. Same as before.

Section 8 of the bill explains it.
    Post it please
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

After reading through the bill I still don't see anything pertaining to carrying your vehicle. Are we good to conceal carry and speed or is that one of the crimes we will go to jail for if we're carrying. What if it's in the glove box, console, door or under the seat? Can we now buy one of those gadgets that's mounts it under the dash or the side of the console?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Post it please
    I believe this is it. Shows the last amendment being yesterday. Tell me if I'm wrong.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess125...bills/3594.htm

The biggest problem I see is our so called republican law makers are a bunch of bitches and coward down way too often.

Yawn.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Yawn.
    Listen, I'm with you on this. I've carried for a long time without a cwp, but when laws change it's still good to familiarize yourself with said law. Gotta know what I might be up against.

Smoke and mirrors as the national debt fast approaches $40 trillion.
    DILLIGAF

This is a lot to keep up with.

Put your pistol in your car wherever you'd like. Don't speed.

Carry it wherever you'd like. Don't do anything that would bring attention to yourself.

It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    And we're still paying property taxes for property we own, right up till you stop paying those taxes.

#FreedomScore

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    And we're still paying property taxes for property we own, right up till you stop paying those taxes.

#FreedomScore
    #hookersandweed
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

#hookersandweed
    "Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose."

- Genghis Kahn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    "Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose."

- Genghis Kahn
    You often post some good stuff, but this quote, unfortunately, is becoming more true every day.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Add another 1 trillion to that ever 100 days! I bet Biden gets up tonight and tells us how bad MAGA people are, and that we need to send more money we have to borrow from China to Ukraine! Those 2 things are for certain!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    My understanding is tucked between your seat or loose in the center console will still get you some bracelets
    Incorrect, if you have a CWP.

Code of Law - 16-23-20:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance. If the person has been issued a concealed weapon permit pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, then the person also may secure his weapon under a seat in a vehicle, or in any open or closed storage compartment within the vehicle's passenger compartment; or

(b) carried openly or concealed on or about his person, and he has a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to the provisions of Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23;

By my definition, a holster mounted on/under the dash is an "open storage compartment" is much more safe/secure than having a handgun just tossed under the seat. (Maybe they're implying a holster mounted under the seat, but who knows?)
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 03-07-2024 at 12:41 PM.

So how many of you have ever had property or person searched for a speeding ticket? I'm at least 5-0 against that spread.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    The biggest problem I see is our so called republican law makers are a bunch of bitches and coward down way too often.
    Yawn.
    you're the contrarian. mention trump and the riots.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Incorrect, if you have a CWP.

Code of Law - 16-23-20:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance. If the person has been issued a concealed weapon permit pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, then the person also may secure his weapon under a seat in a vehicle, or in any open or closed storage compartment within the vehicle's passenger compartment; or

(b) carried openly or concealed on or about his person, and he has a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to the provisions of Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23;

By my definition, a holster mounted on/under the dash is an "open storage compartment" is much more safe/secure than having a handgun just tossed under the seat. (Maybe they're implying a holster mounted under the seat, but who knows?)
    My point being my name doesn’t have to be on a .gov list to exercise my 2nd Amendment right. No I do not have a cwp or a suppressor because I don’t want to be on a list more than I want those items.

How did that saying go, first they came for the Jews then they came for the Catholics and finally they came for me or something along those lines. Our government has proven time and time again they will crush opposition.
    cut\'em