Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steel-toed boot recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Twisted X are nice.

I wear steel toe boots everyday and these twisted x are nice and lightweight
    The girl at Harrisons told me to never buy Twisted X. She said they are the only boots they sell that people have issues with them coming apart. I don't know b/c I don't own a pair. Maybe you're a lucky one.

I agree on the red wing king toe, I work in a machine shop and have to wear the the ones with the metatarsal guard over the top of your foot, and they are comfortable and last forever, if you got a pair with the composite toe I think you would like them

Don't overlook Ariat, I've had Irish Setter, Red Wing, Georgia, Rocky, Justin and Danner. I have three pair of Ariat I alternate in now, going on 5 years and none are close to wearing out, splitting and are still dry, warm and comfortable plus they're reasonably priced. Merrells are heavy and wear out on the heel for me. Rocky and Georgia are just trash. Red Wing and IS changed something in their cuts that rub on my ankle now and I can't wear them. The Danner's I had just weren't comfortable to me, my kid loved them until his foot grew to a 12.5.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I like my Keen Utility San Jose boots. They’ve been great & comfortable