Too many things in our world come described as a panacea. I remember that ten years ago, we were told all TVs would be 3D in five years; now, they are almost non-existent in the consumer space. Having two dogs, I thought that the idea of a vacuum that would clean my house while I was away and suck up dog hair was a cruel joke, if not an outright fantasy. I waited a few years, and after testimonials from friends, I bought a relatively cheap one (~$150) to see how it worked. Not only did it work well, it amazed me how it found its way back to its base to charge daily.

My only issue was that the collection bin required me to empty it daily. Also, it regularly filled up before its charge was used, resulting in uncleaned areas. So I broke bad and bought one that empties itself in its base. So it this an excuse to be lazy? Well, yes, but it does a better job than I could or would do and does it DAILY. It goes under beds, tables, and sweeps and sucks up particles so fine that it is like powder. It also has dog poo detection and will not run over or get snagged on cords. This model works with Alexa; however, I just have it set on a schedule each day from Monday-Friday. Having teenage boys in my house, it is nice to know that something is doing what is told while I am at work. I have the Roomba J7+ and got it as a return from Amazon for $299. Check back if it is out of stock as they refresh this as they get them in from returns. Comes with a full warranty. MG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CK7FC9KD...roduct_details