Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2024

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    I know I used that as a teaching moment for my son. Never show too much emotion, whether high nor low. Some days you are the windshield and some days you are the bug. And sometimes you switch roles in 30 seconds
    As you know coach, especially in baseball.

There were several tense moments in both those games. Two great games, could've gone either way. Did Petry get thrown out yesterday after his home run in the 9th? The ump signaled like he was ejecting him but the game was over 2 batters later so it never really got clarified?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

i cant read all this but clemson is awesome and usc sucks

2 is coming
    and we beat you in (mens) basketball, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Death and taxes

This right here! Another great day to be a TIGER!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Does anyone know the SC vs. Vandy score from yesterday and
    Does anyone know the Climp5in vs Kennesaw State score from yesterday?
    Thanks
    Isn’t it cool when teams actually play each other and you can settle who is the superior team on the field, rather than just comparing results against other opponents? This one seems settled until, wait for it, next year.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Wonder if the little strutter would mind autographing this for me?IMG_3656.jpg
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

hell yeah jp!!

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    Wonder if the little strutter would mind autographing this for me?IMG_3656.jpg
    on a scale of 1-10, how happy were you in that picture?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    That little pitcher that likes to skip shoulda skipped his ass out to the parking lot and picked up that baseball on his way back across town Saturday night. Hahahahaha

Fuck carolina
    I didn't get to see any of either game but on Thursday I heard a gamecock radio show and they were talking about how emotional one of our young pitchers was and that Kingston might want to level him out a little bit. Sounds like he got a does of it Saturday night. I'm so sick of how over emotional baseball has gotten on both sides of the ball and at all levels. Some of these coaches need to go old school on these kids. Oh and congrats Tigers on what sounded like two good games to watch.

Have they set a time/date for the 3rd game yet?

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Have they set a time/date for the 3rd game yet?
    I'm guessing it won't be played.

Im assuming since it will not decide the series that it will not be played. Had each team won one game I believe they would have played it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    I didn't get to see any of either game but on Thursday I heard a gamecock radio show and they were talking about how emotional one of our young pitchers was and that Kingston might want to level him out a little bit. Sounds like he got a does of it Saturday night. I'm so sick of how over emotional baseball has gotten on both sides of the ball and at all levels. Some of these coaches need to go old school on these kids. Oh and congrats Tigers on what sounded like two good games to watch.
    My favorite is when they hit a double, make some stupid gesture, and then have to jog back to the dugout when nobody else gets a hit. Its a tik tok dance competition every time someone gets an extra base hit. It's comical, but they are kids and could be doing a lot worse.
    Last edited by Fireman; 03-04-2024 at 03:06 PM.

Summa y'all only show up when things are good for your team/alma mater. Y'all clowns know who you are.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

some clowns dont pretend to care about women's hoops...

or baseball.

but when we here the crowing, we know its time.

2 is coming

Boy this thread dried up. Where did all of ya go after that Sunday in Clemson? Tigers keep winning, taking a Top 10 series on the road in Durham. Rankings still mean NOTHING at this point, but I still think it was a really nice series win. Clemson has to shore up the bullpen arms if they want to do anything in the postseason at all or they will be looking at the same results as the past 10 years once they reach the Regionals.

Not trolling at all, but I saw the Gamecocks went 1-2 in Oxford this weekend but didn't follow what happened at all. What happened to them in those games?

I've watched most every game Clemson has played. They are playing well. It's still early in the season so I'm not worried about the bullpen just yet. There are certainly some questions that need to be answered and some guys that need to step up, but there's plenty of time for all that to happen. Clayton (except for that mistake yesterday) has been good, along with Titsworth and Hughes.

As a side note, the comments on literally anything that Gamecock Baseball's twitter account posts right now are elite

I've also been enjoying the struggles that Wake has had the past couple of weeks. That pitching lab doesn't seem to be working as well this year as it did last year. Wonder if Burns regrets leaving Tennessee? 4

Also, fuck Tennessee, just because Billy Amick left Clemson and went there. (Roll MFin Tide)
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I haven't watched much of SC since the Clemson series. I'm growing tired of Kingston and his preaching of launch angle. Base hits and small ball win ball games. Every hit doesn't have to be a home run, and that's all I see SC doing. If they aren't hitting home runs they aren't winning. Frustrating for sure. Takes me back to Ray Tanners days of gorilla ball. Once he figured out small ball they won two national championships and appeared in a third. Yesterday seemed to be a little different for SC. Maybe they can keep that up. As an SC fan, Kingston has to produce this year or be gone. He's had more than enough time. You'd think our AD and former baseball coach thinks the same...hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I haven't watched much of SC since the Clemson series. I'm growing tired of Kingston and his preaching of launch angle. Base hits and small ball win ball games. Every hit doesn't have to be a home run, and that's all I see SC doing. If they aren't hitting home runs they aren't winning. Frustrating for sure. Takes me back to Ray Tanners days of gorilla ball. Once he figured out small ball they won two national championships and appeared in a third. Yesterday seemed to be a little different for SC. Maybe they can keep that up. As an SC fan, Kingston has to produce this year or be gone. He's had more than enough time. You'd think our AD and former baseball coach thinks the same...hopefully.
    Monte Lee is your hitting coach. None of this gorilla ball shit should surprise anyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Monte Lee is your hitting coach. None of this gorilla ball shit should surprise anyone.....
    Oh I know, but Kingston has the same thought process. Lots of folks calling for Lee to be the next head coach. Makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Oh I know, but Kingston has the same thought process. Lots of folks calling for Lee to be the next head coach. Makes me cringe.
    I personally think they both need lifetime contracts, but if you're gonna can him, they need to clean out the whole building......