Thread: War eagle floor

Default War eagle floor

Does anyone know what size or specification of rivet I need to put my floor (floor that came with it) back down?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Self tapping screws in mine- like to be able to tighten down when needed- rivet inevitably rattles

Default War eagle floor

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Self tapping screws in mine- like to be able to tighten down when needed- rivet inevitably rattles
    Go with this. Get some insulation sheets from lowes (the closed cell kind if possible) slightly thicker than the height of the ribs. This allows the floor to compress against the foam (similar effect as lock washers) and minimizes how fast anything will loosen on you and will make your boat a lot quieter and reduce vibration. Screws will allow you to remove for maintenance much easier than rivets as well, especially if you run any fuel or power in the floor or if you want to inspect or let it air out any time in the future. Go the extra pile and get countersink screws, countersink the holes in the floor and you have a surface without snags. I did this on my last one mostly due to installing hydro turf and it turned out great. Originally I was wanting to have it welded in but after rerunning everything in the floor, my welder convinced me out of it and I’m glad he did…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TXFowler; 02-16-2024 at 11:59 PM.

I would lay it down and drill holes so you can have flush mount screws instead of hex heads to walk on
    cut\'em