Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best saltwater Sonar for inshore

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i catch saltwater fish better than most....
    I'm going to take you trout fishing, we'll have a blast
    Let's invite Glenn too, cause I need to re-up on flea meds

Wu Tang

i catch saltwater fish better than most....
    Me too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

i must not understand wtf these things do because i know what a dock looks like and the ones that usually hold fish are easy to remember.

y'all sure do make life difficult.
    I don’t have it, but it would definitely save you a bunch of time if you’re fishing docks for sheep’s and reds. Pull up, scan, see fish-fish it, don’t see fish, move to the next. Would keep you fishing productive docks and ruling out less productive ones. Once you do that on a dozen docks, you can build a pattern. Would definitely be beneficial when fishing new water. Other than that, I can’t think of many other ways I would apply it in saltwater. Let me remind you, the OP asked for our $0.02…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think Active target/live scope would be very helpful on reef fishing......and then I remember that's why God put bottom fish in the ocean, so everybody can catch one.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

In saltwater you have tides, docks that hold water under them on low will typically hold more fish (throughout the tide cycle) but especially on lower water when docks can be most productive to fish.
    Shorter docks will have a steeper slope to get to that deep water and hold that water at low tide. Look for these on the outside of bends or against hard land banks.
    I’ll take that money I saved you from driving around livescoping every dock in the waterway.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I would think Active target/live scope would be very helpful on reef fishing......and then I remember that's why God put bottom fish in the ocean, so everybody can catch one.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    I've got it on my CC.

It's definitely cool to watch them. Amazing to see how high off the bottom triggers will get.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    In saltwater you have tides, docks that hold water under them on low will typically hold more fish (throughout the tide cycle) but especially on lower water when docks can be most productive to fish.
    Shorter docks will have a steeper slope to get to that deep water and hold that water at low tide. Look for these on the outside of bends or against hard land banks.
    I’ll take that money I saved you from driving around livescoping every dock in the waterway.
    lol. I can’t argue with anything you said. With that said, people are gonna buy what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I've got it on my CC.

It's definitely cool to watch them. Amazing to see how high off the bottom triggers will get.
    We’ve raised them up 100’, dang near sight fishing. Park the boat long enough, get enough chum, everything will come up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Me too.
    yeah but you go a loooong way compared to me.

granted, you get way more groceries, too!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    I don’t have it, but it would definitely save you a bunch of time if you’re fishing docks for sheep’s and reds. Pull up, scan, see fish-fish it, don’t see fish, move to the next. Would keep you fishing productive docks and ruling out less productive ones. Once you do that on a dozen docks, you can build a pattern. Would definitely be beneficial when fishing new water. Other than that, I can’t think of many other ways I would apply it in saltwater. Let me remind you, the OP asked for our $0.02…

oh i get it. but i still check game cameras and cant imagine going cellular so I admit i'm not normal.
    i'll fish docks. if i dont get a bite, I move on. Granted, I know the docks that hold sheeps....and capt tom shows me all the docks w reds on them (joke).

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    With that said, people are gonna buy what they want.
    but this is DT. He will tally up all the emails he gets and go with the one he hears about the most....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Damn, we need to pay the guide fee for this one.

Great tip

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    We’ve raised them up 100’, dang near sight fishing. Park the boat long enough, get enough chum, everything will come up.
    This year I want to try to throw some flies to gags and red snapper like they do in Florida.