Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best saltwater Sonar for inshore

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i bet your kids called it the bakehouse....
    :snort:

its like i'm the only one that can read.

he called it the bakehouse, not the lakehouse.
    and I dont know shit about them scanner things.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The lake house is in the best location I know of on Eagle Point. Perfect sunset view. Approx 5000 sq ft. 21 ft deep dock.

But you are going to have to keep pulling teets or poking dogs to afford the property tax unless you make it a permanent residence.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I contest this
    I prefer my view better!

I do agree with the taxes. I basically stay at both houses almost exactly half and half yet I had…..to call that one a secondary.

But not no mo!

My oldest is finally moving out.

I maybe regret this decision but she is going to move in there. So it’s gonna be her primary and I can’t wait to pay taxes for the first time!

I told her it better not turn into a bake house or a party house.

I have faith in her. She knows I’m subject to show up anytime of the day or night so I hope that keeps her in check.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Cat daddy
    I want some sort of scanner really 2

I want just to put on the run about boat to mark or keep track of stumps.

You always get floaters but there are those 3 solid tree stumps on the damn between Randolph’s and Harry’s

I know where they are but in the dark I loose my bearings and it would be nice to have that ability to have those marked.

I don’t really go out after dark anymore but if I wanted too I could.

I had thought about trying some catfishing from the boat and this would help.

The second one I really want a side view I can move around the pier and see the larger fish. The lights I have allow me to see the bait fish and attract them but you really can’t see the cats gar come up to the top.

I wish I had a way to stick one in a particular place off the pier it’s on the ledge where it drops off what ever rod is in that area is gonna catch a fish every time. I’ve snorkeled around over there to see what is going on and it really isn’t any different from any other part of the ledge clam size and volume is about the same same type of dirt same drop off depth but doesn’t matter blues and flats both will come up in that area.

I’d love to see why.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

This is the best deal out there.

As for running, make a trail
    At the end of the run uncheck the record box but leave the in the display box.

After making the trail, I will stop and mark any stump near the trail with a sign symbol.

This is the best deal out there now.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Yep
    Nice place. I bet the views are awesome.

Stop by anytime

Have you addressed your representative with a strongly worded letter or email before losing home ownership?
    - seems the “representation” part of taxation has let you down.
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 02-08-2024 at 05:15 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Act 388 was a response to the gouging of primary residence property. It limited the rate of rise.

Unfortunately the local government got their revenge on second homes and businesses.

$9000 a year for a lake house. And you are right. I don't get to vote on who represents me.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 02-08-2024 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I wish I had a way to stick one in a particular place off the pier it’s on the ledge where it drops off what ever rod is in that area is gonna catch a fish every time. I’ve snorkeled around over there to see what is going on and it really isn’t any different from any other part of the ledge clam size and volume is about the same same type of dirt same drop off depth but doesn’t matter blues and flats both will come up in that area.

I’d love to see why.

I have livescope on my Xpress and bought a place not too far from you. I'd be happy to take you out on the boat and let you play around with the electronics.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Thanks Dawg

Have you found it beneficial in the muddy water of Georgetown?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Thanks Dawg

Have you found it beneficial in the muddy water of Georgetown?
    I had the the Lowrance Structure scan on my old Pioneer 222SF, it was decent in shallow(er) water to say 30’. If it was muddy or a hard incoming/outgoing it was pretty much useless. That stuff has come a long way since though. When I put new electronics on the Southport, I put in a new sounder and talked to my guy about the new downscan/sidescan stuff as well. He said 30-50’ it was much better than what it was but wasn’t great for deeper so, I opted not to install it.

We use to run the old Structurescan early before bait came up and it worked pretty good especially in 10-15’.

Once you’ve got some time on Winyah, you’ll be able to figure out where bait’s going to be 90% of the time. Heck, we were netting bait (Menhaden and mullet) off the dock at GLM a bunch last summer.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I contest this
    I prefer my view better!
    You're both wrong. My view is better and the water doesn't get as rough across from Nelson's cut.

I can see it being beneficial fishing docks and deep water channels, only to save you time fishing to locate productive areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i must not understand wtf these things do because i know what a dock looks like and the ones that usually hold fish are easy to remember.

y'all sure do make life difficult.

I’ll save you some sonar money, it’s usually the shorter docks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i must not understand wtf these things do because i know what a dock looks like and the ones that usually hold fish are easy to remember.

y'all sure do make life difficult.
    Toof, that coastal fishing is different that a one acre pond and crickets.

They gots a tide, rivers, bait bigger than a bream that can swim back to the ocean, gas motors, hurricanes, erosion, corrosion, deep holes, shallow oyster beds, sharks and alligators and whatnots.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 02-12-2024 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I have livescope on my Xpress and bought a place not too far from you. I'd be happy to take you out on the boat and let you play around with the electronics.
    I just saw this. I will take you up on the offer! Thank you! It will not be today! We may need it to see ontop of the water!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

i catch saltwater fish better than most....