Thread: She Sang

Default She Sang

Well the season is all wrapped up now. Went out this morning for one more quick shoot. Got lucky. Wind played right and the few birds around wanted in my area. Had a nice little shoot, scotch doubled, shot my Pin, all things that are good. Shot a stud Pin last Sat. as well.
    20240131_065544.jpg
    20240131_094335.jpg

This was the slowest season ever for me. The birds just never showed in my area, more days of skunk for me this year then the past couple years combined.

Hunted solo every hunt this year. It’s a lot more work. Most of my old hunting buddies are now flakey, having marriage issues or just on a downward spiral in life. All shit I would rather not be around at this point in my life.

One of the first years in a long time I didn’t shoot any geese. This hurt. Shooting geese is downright fun. I was spoiled for quite a few years. Private property access rights can change in the blink of an eye, losing ‘your spot’ getting stuck with a ton of gear you can use anymore just sucks sometimes. (part of the reason I’m hunting solo now)

Product spotlight –
    Happy with the Flock of Flicker 2.0. Made it 2 seasons, all of them appear to still work.

Tidewe neo waders – Used them pretty hard, lasted 3 seasons. Left boot sprung a little leak last hunt, wore them leaky today. Not bad for $100 waders. 3 years is about all I get out of a pair.

Some random pictures from this year.
    20240131_100223.jpg
    20240113_071546.jpg
    20240110_071936.jpg
    20240124_120351.jpg
    20240131_100430.jpg
    20240131_065450.jpg

Here's to next year and the thing we all love.
    Last edited by Short_track_champ; 01-31-2024 at 03:47 PM.

Looks like a great year!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I want to see your marsh stool. Is that patent pending?

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    I want to see your marsh stool. Is that patent pending?
    It's nothing special. 2x4 screwed into a T, Point cut on the bottom, old roll bar padding for the butt and an old back pack strap screwed to the side as a sling. I'll snap a photo later.
    Last edited by Short_track_champ; 01-31-2024 at 03:58 PM.

Might be better than pine islands chair

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Might be better than pine islands chair

not sure i've ever seen SW post something so blatantly wrong
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hold up.........Are you still out here in California? If I'd have known that I'd have sure invited you on a few hunts! I've made 18 trips so far this season and we're at 220 birds total. I'll figure out my personal numbers and a break down of species when it's all said and done. I've got two more hunts to go on February 10th and 11th thanks to California's military hunt weekend. My primary hunting partner is transferring to Virginia this summer so next season I'll be back to hunting solo primarily. That is with the exeception of the times when I host folks from South Carolina that come out for visits. Right now I have two coming next season. We'll see if that number increases or decreases as the year goes on. I'm up in Santa Rosa for reference if you want to see whether or not you're within driving distance.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Hold up.........Are you still out here in California? If I'd have known that I'd have sure invited you on a few hunts! I've made 18 trips so far this season and we're at 220 birds total. I'll figure out my personal numbers and a break down of species when it's all said and done. I've got two more hunts to go on February 10th and 11th thanks to California's military hunt weekend. My primary hunting partner is transferring to Virginia this summer so next season I'll be back to hunting solo primarily. That is with the exeception of the times when I host folks from South Carolina that come out for visits. Right now I have two coming next season. We'll see if that number increases or decreases as the year goes on. I'm up in Santa Rosa for reference if you want to see whether or not you're within driving distance.
    Unfortunately so, for a few more years. I think you shot more ducks then anyone in CA. lol You have something good going on forsure.

Very familiar with Santa Rosa, I did tons of drafting/engineering work many years ago on Town Green Village, which is in the Santa Rosa/Winsor area.

I'm a good bit further south, hence the yellowtail and tuna references when I speak ocean fishing. Never opposed to driving (it's what I do best) for a hunt opportunity.

Good luck on your Vet hunt, hopefully this storm system coming brings you good ducks.

I'll put in for Ressi's around you next year and I'll let you know if I draw, maybe we can catch a hunt.

Chair photo shoot for - Boduke

*disclaimer* I'm not claiming this it the best chair or better then someone else's, just my chair.

20240131_172425.jpg
    20240131_172244.jpg

I know it's off topic, but due to a recent legislative action you can now mail order ammo to California to your front door. Better jump on it while you can! Looks like even Rogers Sporting Goods has taken down their wording on the California restriction from their site!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I know it's off topic, but due to a recent legislative action you can now mail order ammo to California to your front door. Better jump on it while you can! Looks like even Rogers Sporting Goods has taken down their wording on the California restriction from their site!
    Yeah, I saw that. I got an email from Turners about it. I thought it was too good to be true. You can really order by mail??? Man, I might have to get a case for next year right now then.

Beautiful spot there!

I dig the stool. I'm too cheap to buy one, thanks for the ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    I dig the stool. I'm too cheap to buy one, thanks for the ideas!
    If I made it again I would use Redwood because it is lighter, but I'm a cheap-ass.

Niiiizzzzze! Shooting that sweet limit with at least 4 birds that are wall worthy during that sunrise…that’s one of those pinnacle kinda day.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Niiiizzzzze! Shooting that sweet limit with at least 4 birds that are wall worthy during that sunrise…that’s one of those pinnacle kinda day.
    Definitely great way to end. Sometimes the cards just fall your way. Beats the heck out of going into the off season on a skunk or bad shooting day.

I feel blessed with the amazing sunrises I've seen this year. God and Mother nature are a good team.

Very Nice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk