Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Murray Boat Accident

Default Lake Murray Boat Accident

Heard reports of a boating accident on Lake Murray yesterday but can’t find anything on it. There’s a collegiate bass tournament taking place and apparently one bass boat ran over another in the thick fog we had yesterday morning. Wanted to see if anyone here heard or knows of any details.

All I heard. Check wltx 19
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Hope everyone is ok. I don’t know anything about Murray. Never been on it and don’t plan to. Seems like it has way more boat accident issues than anywhere else in the state. What is it about Murray? Just that it is crowded being close to Cola? Or something else?
    More Ducks, Less People

Nobody can just go fish any more. Gotta organize the flatbill brigades into teams and make sure Jaxton has his own skeeter.

I “heard” they were going too fast in the fog.

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    Hope everyone is ok. I don’t know anything about Murray. Never been on it and don’t plan to. Seems like it has way more boat accident issues than anywhere else in the state. What is it about Murray? Just that it is crowded being close to Cola? Or something else?
    More traffic = more accidents. I really think its just that simple. Its a big lake with loads of houses and can really get pretty darn rough in the wrong weather.

Too close to Columbia and full of new boaters in warm weather. Same as Wylie and Norman
    Last edited by centurian; 01-26-2024 at 11:12 AM.

There is a 2 day college tournament today and tomorrow. Both boats were prefishing. The fog was terrible yesterday and the day before. I couldn’t even see the lake crossing the dam. One of them went to the trauma center but haven’t seen an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to speculate this one was due to speed and extreme lack of visibility.

Dense fog= Dangerous = No Go

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

How you gonna Instigram your results if you don't go?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Dangerous situation. I've been guilty of putting it on plane and driving via gps...to put one on plane you have to run 25-30mph
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Heard it was bad. Prayers for the kids involved.

I hate running in any sort of fog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I heard one of the young men had his skull opened up for the brain trauma swelling. Prayers for his recovery and those having to experience that.

Anybody know where they are from?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Spoke to one of the teammates tonight at dinner in Chapin. He had a WKU hat on (Western Kentucky University). He said one on his teammates was in a comma and going to a hospital in Vanderbilt. He also said one of the inflatable life jackets didn’t go off and luckily was able to get pulled up in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem700 View Post
    Spoke to one of the teammates tonight at dinner in Chapin. He had a WKU hat on (Western Kentucky University). He said one on his teammates was in a comma and going to a hospital in Vanderbilt. He also said one of the inflatable life jackets didn’t go off and luckily was able to get pulled up in the boat.
    I don’t love inflatable life jackets. They are great for convenience and comfort but something else to fail. I’m about to make Trace go back to wearing a regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Dangerous situation. I've been guilty of putting it on plane and driving via gps...to put one on plane you have to run 25-30mph
    For everyone that reads this please don’t ever be this fucking dumb. It’s not worth it and those kids are screwed as a result. Would you drive your car on,y looking at Waze if you couldn’t see down the road? This is a pet peeve of mine that I consistently see bass and striper guys doing over the years. Prayer for those involved.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Me and Otter about got smoked by a boat from behind on Greenwood in December while we were idling. That joker was within 2 feet of us I guarantee. Not sure how fast he was running but he was on plane and you couldn’t see 10 feet.

Prayers for all injured
    Common sense goes a long way when it comes to operating a boat