Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saban is retiring

I don't think "Prime" has as much pull or influence as y'all give him credit. Plus, players ain't tryna get outshined by their coach.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

...unless he wins. Like Saint Nick.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    The first replacement never works out going in behind a legend.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    I feel the same way, what a shadow to walk in.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post

You don't think Kiffen enough?
    5yrs ago most definitely. Now, I think he’s mellowed and matured some. He’s got it real good in Oxford right now and would wait until the next go.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    in todays world of money money money, the Texas job may be better long term. Texas is full of money and recruits.

nobody will want to follow Saban. You want to follow the guy that follows Saban.
    This is all true but most of these guys are already set for life so I think ego starts to take over.

The bigger question is what is going to become of Saban's lap dog finebaum? Who's ring is he going to kiss?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I don't think "Prime" has as much pull or influence as y'all give him credit. Plus, players ain't tryna get outshined by their coach.
    Definitely some prime fanboys in here. How will the Alabama fans feel when deon benches milroe for shadier?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Definitely some prime fanboys in here. How will the Alabama fans feel when deon benches milroe for shadier?
    Who says he will be there. Every Alabama player and signed recruit has the opportunity to change schools for the next thirty days. Saban asked the players to give Alabama 48 hours before making a hasty decision.

all i know is that the next guy better be a cocky sumbitch with thick skin. that aint Dabo.

I cant say I like saban all that much, mostly because he's not my coach, but hearing some of his comments to his players its hard not to like his approach. OBVIOUSLY, he is good at the x's and o's but telling kids about actions and dedication and all that is well stated.

Certainly one of, if not the best, college coach of all time.
    I can certainly be happy for him to enjoy life after coaching.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Who says he will be there. Every Alabama player and signed recruit has the opportunity to change schools for the next thirty days. Saban asked the players to give Alabama 48 hours before making a hasty decision.
    It still will count as a transfer even if they didn't play a down and they started cracking down on second time transfers having to sit

One of the biggest adjustments of a coaching job is putting up with an idiot fan base like Alabama has. Dabo is at the top of the list when it comes to that on his resume.

He might not win the SECCG in his first year but maybe they can set the record for the loudest stadium in year one.

They ain't dumb. Why would you want a baby-kisser who struggles for relevance in an inferior conference?
    Last edited by Black Bart; 01-11-2024 at 08:41 AM.

This is all true but most of these guys are already set for life so I think ego starts to take over.

The bigger question is what is going to become of Saban's lap dog finebaum? Who's ring is he going to kiss?
    This. The successful coaches have to have massive egos...Spurrier, Saban..... Kiffen would take it to prove people wrong. I sure wish LSU could of got him.

It still will count as a transfer even if they didn't play a down and they started cracking down on second time transfers having to sit
    No they didn’t actually the opposite. There is a court order injunction that allows players to transfer as much as they want. That battle is going through the court system right now.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    No they didn’t actually the opposite. There is a court order injunction that allows players to transfer as much as they want. That battle is going through the court system right now.
    I know all of this the rule has been put on hold til it goes to court. But my point was it is still going to count as a transfer. Which sucks for a player who never played a down and gets a new head coach who's playing style he doesn't fit in with. So he transfers and potentially loses a year.
    I just think he should have announced before early signing day. That's all

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    They ain't dumb. Why would you want a baby-kisser who struggles for relevance in an inferior conference?
    They know the game has passed dabo by. He won't use the portal and Kiffin is loading up in the portal so Alabama needs to keep up.

It didn't take long.

I think Saban is one of the best coaches all time but i think it's shady to wait until early signing period is over and the portal has closed. The players that signed a loi are screwed the rest of the team has 30 days to transfer if they choose to
    5 years ago I would've agreed with you, but now? Fuck em. They aren't "student athletes" anymore, they're semi-professional football players that are employees of the school they sign with and should be treated as such........

ETA: Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time and it ain't close. Bear? Pffttt, any decent high school coach nowdays could've won in the position he was in. Pioneer? Sure, but not the legendary "coach" everyone proclaims him to be. He just gathered up all the talent and ran the ball down everybody's throat with superior talent. Hell, he had enough talent on one team to make 3 good football teams. He won by securing all the talent so nobody else could even challenge him. He's THE reason we have scholarship limits now.....
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 01-11-2024 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    5 years ago I would've agreed with you, but now? Fuck em. They aren't "student athletes" anymore, they're semi-professional football players that are employees of the school they sign with and should be treated as such........

ETA: Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time and it ain't close. Bear? Pffttt, any decent high school coach nowdays could've won in the position he was in. Pioneer? Sure, but not the legendary "coach" everyone proclaims him to be. He just gathered up all the talent and ran the ball down everybody's throat with superior talent. Hell, he had enough talent on one team to make 3 good football teams. He won by securing all the talent so nobody else could even challenge him. He's THE reason we have scholarship limits now.....
    Bobby Bowden wasn't no slouch and he would have taken the Alabama job but he interviewed and they didn't offer so he got offended and went back to Tallahassee.

Bobby Bowden wasn't no slouch and he would have taken the Alabama job but he interviewed and they didn't offer so he got offended and went back to Tallahassee.
    Bowden was good, their run in the 90's was very good. The word "great" is thrown around too much. Bowden, Osbourne, Carrol, Scnellenberger, Bryant, Hayes, all VERY good. IMO, none of them could've done what Saban did, when he did it.... I may be wrong, but that's my opinion.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.