Thread: New Pup

Default New Pup

I was gifted a 4 month labasomething for Christmas. She retrieves great, heels, stays, etc. but still a pup. Works by sight, little nose. Would like to work with her with smell. Anyone got some wings to spare? No pen raised mallards. Aiken area, but do travel to near by counties for work.

Thanks!

Anko
    Last edited by Anko; 01-03-2024 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Edit

She won’t know the difference between a wild mallard or a pen raised mallard. Good luck!

nice hat, stranger
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The pro's say that you should build the dogs ability to mark by sight for a good while before you start encouraging hunting with their nose. They will do the nose thing naturally.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

why the apostrophe in "pro's"? did the pro own anything? are you saying "pro is" because that makes no sense.

i am just wondering the thought process.
    and i'm bored.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Ya know, for some reason "pros" just didn't look right when I typed it out and the apostrophe rule never really stuck well in my brain. I appreciate you shedding light on it again. Maybe I will be able to recall it next time.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

What is the proper contraction of "professionals"?

Don't ask me. I was just trying to tell a fella what I had heard on a podcast one time about how you make a dog act right.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    The pro's say that you should build the dogs ability to mark by sight for a good while before you start encouraging hunting with their nose. They will do the nose thing naturally.
    I would concur with that statement. Get the visuals down first, the smell portion will take care of itself.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

What kind of wings do you want? Duck? Dove? Quail? Pheasant? I can dig around in the freezer. I tossed a good many in the move but think I saw a few the other day .

Just saw in Aiken, I'm in Gtown county.

Hey, 2thr. Been in hiding. That hat is long gone in the GS. May be land fall in the British Isles long ago. Got a couple new ones tho…

Thanks to all of you for your replies and input. Much appreciated. I’ll wait for the smell part. Did work well with a lab 30 years ago. Yes, I’m old.

Scdivers, I will be in touch. I can get the wings and keep. Vacuum seal. Know g’town county well and don’t mind the drive. Used to live PI. Noticed you are in MI. Bet we know some same folks.

Anko
    Last edited by Anko; 01-04-2024 at 03:55 PM.