Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost Dog - Chesapeake - Male

Thank goodness. Now buy a Whistle.

Here's an example of how easy it would have been. If he had been in a house, you can tell which room he was in.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-01-2024 at 06:37 PM.

Great news! Happy for the dog, happy for you! Had one get lost just like that in Bayou Meto years ago thinking he followed another group out of a hole as we were going in. Found him later that afternoon but it took several years off my life. Not something I'd wish on anybody. Again, very glad it worked out for both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    Found my dog this morning about 1 1/2 miles downstream on the opposite side of the river. It’s been a long 48 hours of wading swamps and driving around looking for him. Facebook was awesome as two different post were shared over 600 times.Attachment 88029

Man that is great you found him.

I will also say it, BUY a Whistle
    Last edited by tprice; 01-01-2024 at 07:15 PM.

Looking at the Garman GPS waterproof tracking/trainer collar.

That’s awesome. I have the same front tag. Now buy a Whistle like me

Fantastic news.

Garmin is good stuff.

Lot of training invested in this dog. Whole family loves him. My daughter used a pair of my oversized waders and we walked thru waist deep+ water pulling a 2 man creek boat 3 miles thru the swamp searching for this dog. I could not have stopped her for anything, she was going with me to find our dog. Had bad blisters and still went back the second day. The guy with the drone has found many hunting dogs that has been lost for several days and told us if we found the dog in the swamp, he would not come to us. Said he would most likely run from us. Said they go into survival mode and wound not come to even the most loved owner. When I found him this morning, it took about 10 minutes to get him within reach. He would start to me and then run back. Then come a little closer each time. He finally smelled my hand and it clicked who i was and he started running around me and jumping and licking my face. I would have never believed that he wouldn’t have recognized/trusted me having raised him from a pup to 7 years old. I could see him becoming a wild dog if lost for several more days. I think i am going to order the Garman 300I with the TT25 GPS Dog Tracking E-collar combo. Don’t want to go thru this again if I can help it.

So glad to see this. Still hoping for the other member.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Pretty Awesome.

Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome news!

Man that's awesome to hear he's home! Answer to prayer for sure!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Awesome news. I got a garmin collar. I use it daily. I'm considering a whistle as well for when he isn't wearing his garmin, like in the house.

Garmin 10 with TT collar unless you dog hunt and need the 300.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    Lot of training invested in this dog. Whole family loves him. My daughter used a pair of my oversized waders and we walked thru waist deep+ water pulling a 2 man creek boat 3 miles thru the swamp searching for this dog. I could not have stopped her for anything, she was going with me to find our dog. Had bad blisters and still went back the second day. The guy with the drone has found many hunting dogs that has been lost for several days and told us if we found the dog in the swamp, he would not come to us. Said he would most likely run from us. Said they go into survival mode and wound not come to even the most loved owner. When I found him this morning, it took about 10 minutes to get him within reach. He would start to me and then run back. Then come a little closer each time. He finally smelled my hand and it clicked who i was and he started running around me and jumping and licking my face. I would have never believed that he wouldn’t have recognized/trusted me having raised him from a pup to 7 years old. I could see him becoming a wild dog if lost for several more days. I think i am going to order the Garman 300I with the TT25 GPS Dog Tracking E-collar combo. Don’t want to go thru this again if I can help it.

Wow

That part about him not knowing makes sense to me and explains one of my chocolates years ago

Got out of his kennel and could not find him. About 4 weeks later client of mine called me and said my dog was behind their house in a field. He was walking around the field constantly and would not respond to me at all. Honestly felt something was wrong with him , had a strange look in his eyes but could not get closer than 50 yards to him for several hours I tried to get him

Finally I was able to get close enough to him and honestly thought he was about to attack me and I guess he finally smelled me and then his disposition changed 180 degrees. Dog was raised from a pup

wow. Glad he's home safely!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Those Garmins are good ones, but pretty big. If you aren't going to have him wear it,24/7 defeats purpose of having GPS around the house etc. Get a Whistle, they are a lot smaller and great for 24/7 protection against loss.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Those Garmins are good ones, but pretty big. If you aren't going to have him wear it,24/7 defeats purpose of having GPS around the house etc. Get a Whistle, they are a lot smaller and great for 24/7 protection against loss.
    Your dog usually goes missing when you aren't expecting it.
    The Garmin is probably a better unit in the field but I want 24/7 tracking on my dog.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Glad you found him Danny! I was on the lookout.

Great news! These lost dog posts hit me in the heart.