Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeder tripod

I tend to set my feeders off in non prime time for hunting. I would rather corn be on the ground when deer begin moving in afternoon . I set them to go off 3 hours before sunset and then around 10:00 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Which feeders do you use ?
    Mostly aquapro pond feeders but I have one Sweeney. If I hit the lottery, it would be all Sweeneys.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

$230 is average shipping to SC. They always show on sale at the website. When you find them local for sale the dealers don’t honor the website sale price.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

We have Tx Hunters and I love them. We have hogs and have to run them in pens, so we use 6v batteries with the 12v motors to keep from slinging corn out of the pens. In a hogless world, I’d have the tall 600lb Texas hunters and not touch them for 10 weeks.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I think bbhunter48's main problem is bears. All the above mentioned feeders are useless against a bear.

Just ride down the highway and throw 100 dollar bills out the window.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

That will work right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a fella that builds 1k lb squares ones and you set the height based on your needs. Legs are schedule 40 pipe so you don’t have to worry about bending due to pigs or bears. Around the motor, just build a rebar or all thread cage to protect it from the bears. I’ll try and dig up pictures of mine.

IMG_8416.jpeg
    IMG_9294.jpg
    Last edited by TJ_11; 01-01-2024 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    My buddy puts a boat winch on one tree and a cable with a pulley on the next tree, about 15 ft a part. Up in the air it's between the two trees but he lowers it to the ground to fill it.

It's a set up that you don't want to move very often.

Same. buy a cheap $20 boat winch from Harbor Freight

Your not pulling up 250-300lbs with a HF winch too many times. Single gear drive winches won't take it long, we use the double gear drive.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Your not pulling up 250-300lbs with a HF winch too many times. Single gear drive winches won't take it long, we use the double gear drive.
    You might also consider a winch with a brake. If you ever let a loaded winch handle get away from you, it will whack you on the back of your hand about five times before you can start screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    I know a fella that builds 1k lb squares ones and you set the height based on your needs. Legs are schedule 40 pipe so you don’t have to worry about bending due to pigs or bears. Around the motor, just build a rebar or all thread cage to protect it from the bears. I’ll try and dig up pictures of mine.

IMG_8416.jpeg
    IMG_9294.jpg

Does he sell these
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Top rail for chain link fence will work perfectly

This is what I used with a boss buck band kit . I mounted the legs to the top of the barrel. It seems to keep the coons and squirrels from hanging on the feed ports

Send some more down here!IMG_20240114_080512.jpg
    Low country redneck who moved north

Go to WMT and buy a couple of the big containers of Vaseline... give the checkout girl an all knowing wink when you slap them down at her register.

Then proceed to your feeder and lather up the legs. No coon or squirrel problems for a year at a time and you can take off those hampering predator guards that direct all your feed directly under the unit.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers