Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell Service Providers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I’m surprised your bill is high at Verizon if you have a bunch of lines. We have 6 lines and most of them are around $30 per month. That gets you the base unlimited plan which is fine for most people. I think my line is $40 since I have the upgraded one with hot spot and all that. I can’t see any other carrier being much cheaper, especially when you factor in they run specials for free phones and all that.

Usually 4 lines and more offers substantial savings. If its less you won't get that kinda price from Verizon. Tried Boost for a while, priced right but service lacked. Went to Spectrum and been happy ever since, also saved close to 100.00 month on cable/internet bill while there.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Most of the recent pop up providers are using Verizon towers. I have notice in the last year the more new providers tacking onto the Verizon towers the signal strength seems to get worse by the day. It could be my older phone but I seldom get more than 2-3 bars no mater where I am however my phone still works fine even at the deer club. Not all member's phone works well there however. Might just be my perspective. I have a lot of lines on Verizon and an old plan. No one has been close to what I pay for what i get with unlimited data and 22 devises.

The providers selling lines using Verizon's towers are referred to in the industry as VARs or "value added resellers." Verizon customers get first dibs on data while VARs get sloppy seconds. So in areas outside of densely populated cities, like Charlotte for instance, there's enough to go around and most VARs subscribers don't have many issues. But if there is a data crunch the VARs will take the hit on speeds as Verizon will prioritize premium service for their customers over VARs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-28-2023 at 05:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I would have gone back in a minute if there had been any difference.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Some phones you can take to spectrum and some you cannot. They bought ours and we got new ones. They were very fair in buying ours back and selling us new ones.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I don't have a link but with a quick Google search one can find the page on spectrums website where you can check to see if your phone is compatible. You'll need the IMEI #. You can find it in the settings on an Android under the "about phone". For you iTards, can't help ya... cause I don't iTard.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-02-2024 at 08:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft