Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Service Providers.

Default Cell Service Providers.

I have Verizon now and coverage is fine, but the bill is astronomical due to the amount of phones I have. I just got word T mobile is changing their terms of service Jan `1 2024. If you type something they find offensive they will now fine you. I'm not talking on social media, I mean a txt to someone.

So that is out.

2 of my kids have spectrum and it isnt bad coverage is good, even better than Verizon at the lake. I was looking at Patriot mobile. I dont think 40gb is going to work for me, as I use a ton of data.

So who has the best price with the best coverage, and a whole lot of data.

SCD Brain Trust Go!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Farmers telephone.

Works good at the lake, too. You should probably have their wifi down there as well. Can probably do a bundle.
    Last edited by wob; 12-25-2023 at 12:52 PM.

I use consumer cellular and love it. My neighbors just switched to CC due to the same reason you got. They are in the USA and if you call you talk to somebody that speaks our way. Look up the website and you and alot of other people have thanked me. If you do decide to go that way pm me for a phone # that will save you some $ on your first bill and save me some on referral.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

They use ATT and Tmobile towers. I got the att sim card in mine because it worked better on the lake than the tmobile sim they sent me first. You will be happy
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Verizon can’t be beat for the places I go. And the customer service has been great if I stop by a store. Everyone I know that has tried a lower priced service has came back to Verizon or ATT.

I have 2 phones, 2 gizmo watches, 1 I watch, and an iPad on my plan. It’s not cheap but it works.

Verizon has gone to crap around here. Twice in the past few weeks we have totally lost service in Bowman and when you call Verizon they say there is no outage.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Verizon can’t be beat for the places I go. And the customer service has been great if I stop by a store. Everyone I know that has tried a lower priced service has came back to Verizon or ATT.

I have 2 phones, 2 gizmo watches, 1 I watch, and an iPad on my plan. It’s not cheap but it works.
    I have told at least 50 people about them and every one of them love it and thank me alot. This ain't your walmart cricket type shit. And if you are a AARP member you get another 5 buck a month off

I was VZ for 25 years. Switched to Spectrum Mobile for $29 a month UNLIMITED.

I can promise you I go places many of you would never get service. They (Spectrum) use VZ towers and I have been TOTALLY SATISFIED for the last 3 years. They also have a $14 a month with 1 or 2GB data... I was using more than that so switched to UNL
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I cant find much on T Mobile reading and censoring text. Where did you find this?

Our bill is 49 tax's and all for 2 lines

Found this on AR15.com…

This is for A2P (Application to Person) traffic not P2P (Person to Person) traffic.

All of the carriers are headed in this direction. It's not just TMO.

“ Aggregators are the gateway for non-consumer messaging traffic, not just on our network but on the networks of all mobile carriers in the United States. We contract with messaging aggregators across the industry that review and approve non-consumer messaging campaigns on behalf of their clients. In addition to the various legal and regulatory obligations applicable to non-consumer messaging, these aggregators must adhere to T-Mobile's Code of Conduct, as well as the wireless industry’s approved Messaging Principles and Best Practices so that they appropriately protect our customers and our network. These aggregators are responsible for reviewing the content of messaging campaigns as well as ensuring these campaigns remain compliant throughout the lifecycle. We refer to messaging campaigns submitted and approved in this manner as “sanctioned route” messaging. Approved messaging campaigns are not subject to SPAM filtering.”
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 12-25-2023 at 03:03 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Consumer Cellular
    Gulf

Spectrum
    Low country redneck who moved north

We switched to visible wireless. Owned by Verizon, $25/month for my service. You can get the 5g for $35/ month. Been great for the wife and I. Saved us over $100 each month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m surprised your bill is high at Verizon if you have a bunch of lines. We have 6 lines and most of them are around $30 per month. That gets you the base unlimited plan which is fine for most people. I think my line is $40 since I have the upgraded one with hot spot and all that. I can’t see any other carrier being much cheaper, especially when you factor in they run specials for free phones and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Verizon has gone to crap around here. Twice in the past few weeks we have totally lost service in Bowman and when you call Verizon they say there is no outage.
    Read all these post. 90 percent say “use Verizon towers”

I noticed a year or so ago not having service where I use to. I’ve said it before, but I’m sure it’s the fact Verizon has leased their towers out to so many other company’s or bought the cheaper company out and don’t change the name. Verizon is getting the people that pay premium with Verizon service and the $29.99 month from the millions that use a cheaper provider.

Business is business.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Usually 4 lines and more offers substantial savings. If its less you won't get that kinda price from Verizon. Tried Boost for a while, priced right but service lacked. Went to Spectrum and been happy ever since, also saved close to 100.00 month on cable/internet bill while there.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Most of the recent pop up providers are using Verizon towers. I have notice in the last year the more new providers tacking onto the Verizon towers the signal strength seems to get worse by the day. It could be my older phone but I seldom get more than 2-3 bars no mater where I am however my phone still works fine even at the deer club. Not all member's phone works well there however. Might just be my perspective. I have a lot of lines on Verizon and an old plan. No one has been close to what I pay for what i get with unlimited data and 22 devises.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Found this on AR15.com…
    Further from T-Mobile:
    Consumer messaging

These types of messages are sent by individuals directly to other people from their handsets. Consumer messages travel through SPAM filtering systems meant to block non-consumer messages our subscribers did not request, especially those messages with fraudulent or other harmful intent.
    Non-consumer messaging

All other messages are non-consumer messages. Examples of non-consumer messages include:

Two-factor authentication codes
    Account notifications
    Marketing messages
    Billing related messages
    Messages with transportation and delivery services
    Political messages

For these messages to reach our customers they must be part of an approved campaign. They are subject to ongoing compliance and monitoring obligations. There is often a fee associated for those who want to deliver a non-consumer messaging campaign to our customers.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Further from T-Mobile:
    Consumer messaging

These types of messages are sent by individuals directly to other people from their handsets. Consumer messages travel through SPAM filtering systems meant to block non-consumer messages our subscribers did not request, especially those messages with fraudulent or other harmful intent.
    Non-consumer messaging

All other messages are non-consumer messages. Examples of non-consumer messages include:

Two-factor authentication codes
    Account notifications
    Marketing messages
    Billing related messages
    Messages with transportation and delivery services
    Political messages

For these messages to reach our customers they must be part of an approved campaign. They are subject to ongoing compliance and monitoring obligations. There is often a fee associated for those who want to deliver a non-consumer messaging campaign to our customers.
    So from what I read here, it looks like they are not censuring private conversations. Am I correct? Is there something else?