Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So. Who knows these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I got busted one year in AR for having a gallon zip loc bag full of breasted ducks at the boat landing right when we were getting ready to head home. Apparently they searched our cooler in the back of the truck while we were hunting and found the goods.
    There were talks about us potentially violating the Lacy Act etc. I about shit myself when they said that. Luckily we had not left AR and all they did was write us a small fine and confiscated the ducks. Being polite with them and truthful as hell probably saved our ass that day.
    Same thing happened to me about 13 years ago … I had a wing in all of the birds in the cooler though. They told me that we didn’t have license numbers written on the bags, got a warning. Also received a warning for my boat being “overloaded”. They went through my cooler in my truck while I was hunting and not present.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-22-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Having been in a similar situation in the past…. Game warden has no way to prove who shot what. They will ask who shot what and this young man may have taken the charge for everyone else.

I got tangled up years ago with possession limit problems after failing to have 1 of the licenses needed to be legal. We were field checked after an evening hunt.

I had all other required licenses on me and was otherwise completely legal. It was an oversight on my part but the Alberta website sure didn’t make it very clear. They have since corrected the website.

We had been hunting every day for around a week ranging from 2-5 hunters or so and they followed us to the house we were staying at. Went through fridge, freezer, house and we were over possession limit. They counted out the breasts we had cleaned and whatever that number over was they asked who shot what, divided them out and took all the meat because it was evidence for their case. I cannot remember what the dollar amount per bird was. It was bullshit, we were banned for a year and had to pay some fines but cant remember the amount. Somewhere in the $600-1000 range each for missing a $17 license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They make the rules complicated AF for a reason. It's no different for WMA or NWR "Use permits".

Same with the federal duck stamp. I have licenses in multiple states every year, and the only thing that isnt in digital form is that stupid ass stamp, that I have to sign and carry around with me like it's fucking 1957
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    They make the rules complicated AF for a reason. It's no different for WMA or NWR "Use permits".

Same with the federal duck stamp. I have licenses in multiple states every year, and the only thing that isnt in digital form is that stupid ass stamp, that I have to sign and carry around with me like it's fucking 1957
    I think they are changing the fed stamp reg? I believe I read that you can purchase a digital and use it all year and they will send you the stamp after the season if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I think they are changing the fed stamp reg? I believe I read that you can purchase a digital and use it all year and they will send you the stamp after the season if you want.

I hope so. I know as it is, (or was) the electronic endorsement is only good for 45 days from the date of purchase
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I hope so. I know as it is, (or was) the electronic endorsement is only good for 45 days from the date of purchase
    It’s still that way as of this season.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Me either mine is 45% up tint from top to bottom.
    South Carolina regulations also require that window tinting and sunscreening devices be non-reflective and prohibit the use of red, yellow, or amber colors for sunscreening devices.

Sedans:
    Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line.
    Front side windows: Must allow more than 27% of light in.
    Back side windows: Must allow more than 27% of light in.
    Rear window: Must allow more than 27% of light in.
    SUVs and vans & Trucks:
    Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line.
    Front side windows: Must allow more than 27% of light in.
    Back side windows: Any darkness can be applied several (unspecified) inches from the top of the window.
    Rear window: Any darkness can be used.

The penalties for violating South Carolina window tinting laws can vary based on the severity of the violation and the number of offenses. For example, a first-time offender may face a fine of up to $200, while a repeat offender may face a fine of up to $500 and/or up to 30 days in jail.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 12-22-2023 at 02:13 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Banded Mallard: Please refer to SW's avatar.

I tint mine too. But I have a legitimate eye problem. Yes, you are asking to get pulled over. But like others said, just only do one illegal thing at a time.
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 12-22-2023 at 02:19 PM.

I keep reading about what wonderful kids these are…
    Going on an out of state hunting trip and not buying a license is one of two things, stupid or you just don’t give a shit. I can forgive the possession limits, it can be ambiguous, but choosing not to buy a license puts you in the entitled, don’t give a shit camp in my mind. They stole from the people Louisiana. What am I missing???

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Going on an out of state hunting trip and not buying a license is one of two things, stupid or you just don’t give a shit. I can forgive the possession limits, it can be ambiguous, but choosing not to buy a license puts you in the entitled, don’t give a shit camp in my mind. They stole from the people Louisiana. What am I missing???
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    They are not KIDS. One is 27 yo the others legal adults or close.

See, this is what I have a problem with. Rifling through your shit in the back of your truck while you’re out hunting? FUCK that
    Yea, I wasn't too happy about it either. But apparently when you buy a WMA license they have the right to do that shit as long as it is outside the truck in plain view so to speak.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

A 100.00 grinder in duck camp goes a long ways.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    I swear the fine print even reads no processed (ground or sausage, duck sticks, nothing)

The possession limit law makes zero sense in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post
    I swear the fine print even reads no processed (ground or sausage, duck sticks, nothing)

The possession limit law makes zero sense in some cases.
    I think the state would have a dang hard time to win a case against someone after the meat had been processed into sausage or jerky..... yeah breasted birds are probably tricky, but once it's gone through a grinder, it ain't a duck, it's meat.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I got busted one year in AR for having a gallon zip loc bag full of breasted ducks at the boat landing right when we were getting ready to head home. Apparently they searched our cooler in the back of the truck while we were hunting and found the goods.
    There were talks about us potentially violating the Lacy Act etc. I about shit myself when they said that. Luckily we had not left AR and all they did was write us a small fine and confiscated the ducks. Being polite with them and truthful as hell probably saved our ass that day.
    I can’t imagine they wanted to spend long dealing with you after finding the beads, plug and strap on.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Sometimes you just gotta disregard pesky little laws you don’t agree with like possession limits. If you get caught pay the fine and roll on, but I sure as shit ain’t gonna not hunt on day 3 of a OOS trip cause I got 12 ducks in the fridge at an Airbnb.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    No keys to the house boat too???

I almost killed myself reading this thinking about all the surrounding circumstances.

I feel for them. They made some horrible decisions not buying licenses, and having keys to the house they rented. The bird thing, doesnt bother me, and the one kid taking the hit for over the limit bothers me.

I hope they dont make this mistake again, and as noted had they had their stuff in order I doubt it would have gone further.

Incidentally does anyone know what the OOS license fee is for Looossiana??

Every one is tight these days due to Bidenomics, and trying to save a buck, but to buy groceries, gas, take time off from work, shells, gear etc etc, you know it wasnt cheap especially for kids under 30. But why skimp on the license unless it is astronomical? I can imagine some were on a shoe string budget and figured the beer, was more valuable Thant the hunting license if was 200-300 bucks, but 23,$ as someone mentioned?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    No keys to the house boat too???

I almost killed myself reading this thinking about all the surrounding circumstances.

I feel for them. They made some horrible decisions not buying licenses, and having keys to the house they rented. The bird thing, doesnt bother me, and the one kid taking the hit for over the limit bothers me.

I hope they dont make this mistake again, and as noted had they had their stuff in order I doubt it would have gone further.

Incidentally does anyone know what the OOS license fee is for Looossiana??

Every one is tight these days due to Bidenomics, and trying to save a buck, but to buy groceries, gas, take time off from work, shells, gear etc etc, you know it wasnt cheap especially for kids under 30. But why skimp on the license unless it is astronomical? I can imagine some were on a shoe string budget and figured the beer, was more valuable Thant the hunting license if was 200-300 bucks, but 23,$ as someone mentioned?
    Im thinking the previous statement about not having keys was referring to no ignition keys although they were charged with transportation but I do not know. The one kid taking the hit likely took one for the team.