Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So. Who knows these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I know one of the young men well. He's a past SC Sporting Clays Champ and a good kid. His father passed away a few years ago and has been managing the family farm along with his mother. There is more to the story I'm sure. I'll see what I can find out.
    Yes, I probably don’t know him as well as you do but Brady was in a few rotations with him over the years and he always stood out to me as a respectful and well raised young man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    One thing I learned living there. Everyone knows everyone.
    Just curious how bad they must of pissed off LA DNR.
    This- there’s also not many spots in Tiger Pass that are not leased. probably on someone else’s lease. Bet they had a fancy mud boat too- SC people are hated down there!

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    This- there’s also not many spots in Tiger Pass that are not leased. probably on someone else’s lease. Bet they had a fancy mud boat too- SC people are hated down there!
    this
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Every out of town trip I have been on I eat some of the game.if I have access to methods to cook.

I don't have any need to defend these guys. They showed a disrespect for the laws.

I chose to highlight this situation so the SC Ducks crowd can learn a lesson.

If you give law enforcement reasons to punish you as a non-resident offender, you will suffer the consequences.

They will require you to take them to your temporary domicile and search your freezer, fried, coolers, and trash cans to see what you have.

If you have more than a two day possession limit, improperly cleaned birds, or bird breasts marinating in Dales, you will be charged with over the limit and transporting ducks illegally. It will not matter if you cleaned them that morning in preparation for dinner that night. If you don't have a wing or head they will assume the worst even if you have not transported them after you cleaned them.

You could have shot a completey legal limit of species and total ducks but when they open that fridge they will write you multiple tickets and stack the counts so high that you will cave into a guilty plea.

This post may be the one warning you needed.

Possession limit has been moved up to 3 times the daily.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Looking at their FB profiles, they seem to be golfers.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

The “cleaned birds without any identification” were in a pot marinating….
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Looking at their FB profiles, they seem to be golfers.

Always golfers

That is probably why they were accosted in the first place. Not normal for DNR to stop vehicles traveling down the road although not unheard of. Surely they were reported to DNR. No excuse or defense for no license.

I don’t know any of them personally but Jackson just got engaged to my cousin. No excuse for not getting a nonresident hunting license.

We were all young once. Lesson learned I hope.

On more than one occasion when I lived down there groups from SC would come down and hire a guide for a day only to go back the next day sans guide. One group ended up getting the shit beat out of them- FAFO at its finest!

Not saying other people don’t do this stuff but it definitely seemed disproportionate to SC!!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I didn't write the tickets. Seems very "peel the onion layers back" ticket.
    Agree. The first layer was going on an OOS trip with no license, state stamp, and federal stamp.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

On more than one occasion when I lived down there groups from SC would come down and hire a guide for a day only to go back the next day sans guide. One group ended up getting the shit beat out of them- FAFO at its finest!

Not saying other people don’t do this stuff but it definitely seemed disproportionate to SC!!
    Dudes got beat up for shooting "someone else's" ducks?That's a bit much. Unless you're actually God.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    bird breasts marinating in Dales.
    If they use Dales, they need a night in the pokey on general principle.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Agree. The first layer was going on an OOS trip with no license, state stamp, and federal stamp.
    Probably hunting on a private club where they thought they could easily get away with it. Also probably got checked at a gas station.

They got the good ol welcome to LA.... I know two of them & I hate it for them. Very good people. The transporting fully dressed migratory game birds charge was given because they were staying on a house boat that they didn't even have a key for. My understanding is they rolled up on em where they were staying. Their first & probably last trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Dudes got beat up for shooting "someone else's" ducks?That's a bit much. Unless you're actually God.
    You're new at the duck hunting thing. Yeah, its called fuck around and find out. It's a shit thing to do, and some folks arent afraid to hand out lessons.

My time in the game is irrelevant. Get in a fight over a resource that doesn't belong to you in the first place? Makes sense.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

The FAFO sentiment is justified for the trespassing part, but not for the birds part. Nobody owns the wildlife.

My point DNR wasn't patrolling shit. Some one ratted them out. Stealing ducks is like stealing someones' old lady. Get the heat on you.