Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So. Who knows these guys?

Default So. Who knows these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

So 6 ducks x 6 people x two days is 72 ducks. Enforcement found 51 ducks? Possession?

They were charged with transporting improperly cleaned ducks. Some did not have the identifying parts. Transporting? I bet they went to their home after they did not have their licenses and found some in the fridge. Well some could have been cleaned for consumption, not transporting.

No excuse for the lack of licenses. I don't know them.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    So 6 ducks x 6 people x two days is 72 ducks. Enforcement found 51 ducks? Possession?

They were charged with transporting improperly cleaned ducks. Some did not have the identifying parts. Transporting? I bet they went to their home after they did not have their licenses and found some in the fridge. Well some could have been cleaned for consumption, not transporting.

I didn't write the tickets. Seems very "peel the onion layers back" ticket.
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Why is it always Sumter??......
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Maybe pintails, mallards, scaup...?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

One thing I learned living there. Everyone knows everyone.
    Just curious how bad they must of pissed off LA DNR.

What exactly are you trying to defend here? Are you questioning DNR? Do you disagree with the laws? DNR don’t just go to “your home” and look thru your shit to see what you got in the fridge. And they are charged with quite a bit more than transporting improperly cleaned ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot14 View Post
    What exactly are you trying to defend here? Are you questioning DNR? Do you disagree with the laws? DNR don’t just go to “your home” and look thru your shit to see what you got in the fridge. And they are charged with quite a bit more than transporting improperly cleaned ducks.
    They sure as shit will go to your house and check the fridge/freezer.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Meanwhile, 10s of thousands of illegals stream across our southern border but let's prosecute tax paying hunters for already cleaning a duck

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Meanwhile, 10s of thousands of illegals stream across our southern border but let's prosecute tax paying hunters for already cleaning a duck
    BINGO!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    They sure as shit will go to your house and check the fridge/freezer.
    My apologies. You are correct, they will. If you give them a reason to. I have heard of it before but never had this experience. Personally, I try to stay on the no reason to side.

I was thinking the same thing….they didn’t have the license so they went back to their house at that point. Made me think about foiles and warden podcasts
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Sounds like they had a limit of un cleaned birds and then cleaned birds hidden in the boat.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

two sides to every story. no excuse for the stamps/licences.

I know several of their parents.
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 12-22-2023 at 06:38 AM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Every out of town trip I have been on I eat some of the game.if I have access to methods to cook.

I don't have any need to defend these guys. They showed a disrespect for the laws.

I chose to highlight this situation so the SC Ducks crowd can learn a lesson.

If you give law enforcement reasons to punish you as a non-resident offender, you will suffer the consequences.

They will require you to take them to your temporary domicile and search your freezer, fried, coolers, and trash cans to see what you have.

If you have more than a two day possession limit, improperly cleaned birds, or bird breasts marinating in Dales, you will be charged with over the limit and transporting ducks illegally. It will not matter if you cleaned them that morning in preparation for dinner that night. If you don't have a wing or head they will assume the worst even if you have not transported them after you cleaned them.

You could have shot a completey legal limit of species and total ducks but when they open that fridge they will write you multiple tickets and stack the counts so high that you will cave into a guilty plea.

This post may be the one warning you needed.

"Agents were on patrol near Venice when they contacted the men returning from an evening duck hunt in Tiger Pass. During questioning, agents discovered that some of the men did not possess the correct licenses and stamps to hunt ducks in Louisiana."

"Agents then found the men in possession of 51 migratory game birds with some completely cleaned without any identifying wing or head attached."

My bet is "then found" required a drive to where they were staying.

No excuse for not having the licenses, and if they had over their daily limit in the boat then they deserve a ticket. That being said the possession limit/transport laws around migratory birds are BS. You really can’t go out of state and have a good week long hunting trip without violating possession limit. Unless you know people who will take them or you are gonna personally eat 6 ducks everyday.You should be able to kill your limit each day and clean/keep them for personal consumption, and transport them home. This notion of we are gonna get you after the fact for birds you intend to/have already cleaned that you are gonna eat is stupid. Federal government overreach at its finest.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    No excuse for not having the licenses, and if they had over their daily limit in the boat then they deserve a ticket. That being said the possession limit/transport laws around migratory birds are BS. You really can’t go out of state and have a good week long hunting trip without violating possession limit. Unless you know people who will take them or you are gonna personally eat 6 ducks everyday.You should be able to kill your limit each day and clean/keep them for personal consumption, and transport them home. This notion of we are gonna get you after the fact for birds you intend to/have already cleaned that you are gonna eat is stupid. Federal government overreach at its finest.
    I agree 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I know one of the young men well. He's a past SC Sporting Clays Champ and a good kid. His father passed away a few years ago and has been managing the family farm along with his mother. There is more to the story I'm sure. I'll see what I can find out.

FAFO. Keep your shit straight. No matter where you are or how many ducks you are killing. It isn't that hard, but it does take some effort...