Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Ponds

Que?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Tryna sift through the legit beef versus the raw envy, heh heh.
    its not that deep and stop trying to read into everything. Its pretty simple. Some people like to duck hunt in that atmosphere. Its a social club. Its high cotton. Its well done for what it is. Its expensive and people pay it. Live decoys and big blinds. Its just another avenue if you want to duck hunt in SC.

For others, its just not their thing. I think most, if not all, posts are pretty transparent on that subject. As I stated, I think you will have a great time. Its up to YOU to decide if its how you want to go about things.

Not much different than those that like to rifle hunt (if you owned a rifle.) while others prefer to bow hunt. Same critter. Different tactic.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Bart, you're going to have a good time. I've enjoyed every time I've been. What I enjoy most is the socializing. The "shooting" should be good. It is shooting... not hunting. Enjoy my friend. Should be a blast. Tell Lou and Larry I said hello. Also, if you run into a grumpy looking fella from Hill Plumbing named Lance tell him I said hello as well. Shoot straight.

Per the internet information in this post they killed 1,971 ducks and hunt 15 blinds. If there are typically 4 people per blind, that is 6.57 ducks/hunter/hunt.

Say it's actually 20 blinds... 5 ducks/hunter/hunt.

Neither of those averages are the truth so curious what gives. And there are plenty of the tame ducks (tame ducks are bad) killed that aren't even in these numbers

I can't speak to the number of blinds hunted per hunt. I've seen 6-7 people in one of those blinds, but I've also seen as little as two in a blind. It all depends on who shows up to hunt. I agree the numbers don't "add" up.

The day Bart actually has to “hunt” for something I feel he’s going to be pretty disappointed.

It’s not hunting. It’s shooting. You go to delegated spots, throw out some decoys and shoot. There’s no scouting to find birds, there’s no work put into a hunt. There’s no feeling of satisfaction you did your homework and made a plan come together. You do what you’re told and pull a trigger. If you can hit you have shot ducks, however you have not hunted ducks.
    If 99% of the people there had to hunt fair chase on public land and actually scout them, hunt them and kill them then you’d see them quit, be unsuccessful, and probably injure themselves severely. It’s a water dove shoot and if you get that warm successful feeling from kissing your sister then continue on. It’s a place made for yes men and people who can’t put work into hunts. I’ve been there, shot ducks and all too. I left, knowing it wasn’t hunting and there is no feeling of accomplishment. I said I’d never go back and won’t. I’d rather get my teeth kicked in chasing birds in a duckless desert than go back to that style of hunting.
    I’ve heard the you can’t afford it so you hate on it. Let me put this in perspective. Jacob knows this too and can vouch. Let’s say you have $3k in a blind membership there. You have ten hunts. That’s $300 a hunt. I have spent more than $3k on fuel already this year chasing birds all over this continent, well over a ten day mark. Not including licenses, food, decoys, leases, trailers, trucks, utility bills, property taxes, etc that contribute to the hunting. I have slept in my truck in so many places, seen so many unbelievable things, and experienced some of the greatest highs and lows duck HUNTING can produce this season.(most every other season as well). I have met some of the best people on earth, attended dinners on invites, and did it all fair chase, without the live decoys or direction of some so called hunt master. Some people’s level of satisfaction comes easier I guess but I won’t cheat on something I am so passionate about. And until I’m dead I will continue to scout my ass off, and work harder than most anyone I know to kill every duck and goose I can in a respectful, and hard earned fashion.

Call it what you want to down there, it’s not hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

People should quit saying they are “going hunting” when they are actually paying a guide to take them shooting.
    Last edited by raybird; 12-19-2023 at 08:43 AM.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    It’s not hunting. It’s shooting. You go to delegated spots, throw out some decoys and shoot. There’s no scouting to find birds, there’s no work put into a hunt. There’s no feeling of satisfaction you did your homework and made a plan come together. You do what you’re told and pull a trigger. If you can hit you have shot ducks, however you have not hunted ducks.
    If 99% of the people there had to hunt fair chase on public land and actually scout them, hunt them and kill them then you’d see them quit, be unsuccessful, and probably injure themselves severely. It’s a water dove shoot and if you get that warm successful feeling from kissing your sister then continue on. It’s a place made for yes men and people who can’t put work into hunts. I’ve been there, shot ducks and all too. I left, knowing it wasn’t hunting and there is no feeling of accomplishment. I said I’d never go back and won’t. I’d rather get my teeth kicked in chasing birds in a duckless desert than go back to that style of hunting.
    I’ve heard the you can’t afford it so you hate on it. Let me put this in perspective. Jacob knows this too and can vouch. Let’s say you have $3k in a blind membership there. You have ten hunts. That’s $300 a hunt. I have spent more than $3k on fuel already this year chasing birds all over this continent, well over a ten day mark. Not including licenses, food, decoys, leases, trailers, trucks, utility bills, property taxes, etc that contribute to the hunting. I have slept in my truck in so many places, seen so many unbelievable things, and experienced some of the greatest highs and lows duck HUNTING can produce this season.(most every other season as well). I have met some of the best people on earth, attended dinners on invites, and did it all fair chase, without the live decoys or direction of some so called hunt master. Some people’s level of satisfaction comes easier I guess but I won’t cheat on something I am so passionate about. And until I’m dead I will continue to scout my ass off, and work harder than most anyone I know to kill every duck and goose I can in a respectful, and hard earned fashion.

Call it what you want to down there, it’s not hunting.
    Don’t kid yourself, public hunting (not shooting woodducks and teal) isn’t THAT hard if you have the time.
    Last edited by Buckin Bronco; 12-19-2023 at 09:00 AM.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its not that deep and stop trying to read into everything. Its pretty simple. Some people like to duck hunt in that atmosphere. Its a social club. Its high cotton. Its well done for what it is. Its expensive and people pay it. Live decoys and big blinds. Its just another avenue if you want to duck hunt in SC.

For others, its just not their thing. I think most, if not all, posts are pretty transparent on that subject. As I stated, I think you will have a great time. Its up to YOU to decide if its how you want to go about things.

Not much different than those that like to rifle hunt (if you owned a rifle.) while others prefer to bow hunt. Same critter. Different tactic.
    why can't you be this logical and reasonable on other topics?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

i see a lot of chene wader wearing tame duck hunters in big ass blinds shooting ringnecks and bragging to their wives that they duck hunt.

if i offended anyone, I meant to.
    Chêne
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Don’t kid yourself, public hunting isn’t THAT hard if you have the time.
    I’ll take you to a place that will break your soul. It’s not hard to go kill some ducks. Wood ducks abound and teal usually cooperate. If I’m wanting to put 100+ mallards in my face in a hole smaller than a truck bed, now that’s work. There are private guys out here that work harder than the above mentioned club.. Those places are duck shoots. Enjoy the shoot but don’t call it a hunt.
    For the ducks

Is this the place I see on social media with jammed packed blinds, and guys in face paint just hanging out the blinds?

Tryna sift through the legit beef versus the raw envy, heh heh.
    they grow "domestically wild" ducks so they can drive two activities...

Shoot domesticated animals in a controlled environment. Distasteful at best.

Second is for live decoys. Which is illegal unless you're in SC and there's no LEO brazen enough to make a case against the folks who own the ponds. It would probably be a career ending venture. The feds tried with the supersod guys but they provided receipts for their dead ducks and the case was thrown out in magistrate court.

Go and have fun but dont brag or post pictures. Think of it like taking home a troglodyte at 4am...you may get your peter wet but you dont want people to know how...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Mallard numbers aren't posted because they don't report livestock kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

This thread is borderline awesome.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

This thread really explains a lot of you
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Who here would turn down an invite? Be honest.

And don't get me wrong; I'm going, and I'm gonna have an awesome time, so your answer has no bearing on me.

And don't get me wrong; I'm going, and I'm gonna have an awesome time, so your answer has no bearing on me.
    You know you’re not going to get many honest answers haha
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

if they release mallards I would not go period. If they don't, I still probably wouldn't but not for ethical reasons more that isn't my cup of tea in regards to outdoor activities. and that is my honest answer
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston