Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Band Ever!

Lets not leave out the church organ you wait on some black lady to hit a chorus, instead you end up with Plant, release a wonderful love song.

They truly were shades of light and dark. Such a remarkable band, and while there are many other bands, none can ever cover the range and territory Zep did. That is just fact. You may not like it, but most bands are really one trick ponies. They can play a genre really well, but get them out of it and they cant do it.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

And we cant leave out their ode to disco. Yes at the ripe old age of 27 Plant and Zep were considered dinosaurs by then. Under the working title of Brandy & Coke they released a song loosely based on one of Robert Johnson's. The song is filled with metaphors for car parts substituting for sex! LOL. They really were amazing at how cunning they were with lyrics. It wasnt the in your face gynecological exam. It left just enough room for the imagination.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Zeppelin sucks.
    I share this opinion.

And have seen people’s heads bout roll off when I said it too.

It is a sheer miracle Jimmy made it out alive. When you look at all the great guitarist that were smacked out of their minds, thank God they had real heroine and not Fent, or we wouldnt have the music we have.

Phil was such a good talent gone, but Thin Lizzy is an example of the one trick pony.

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Leslie Harvey is one you probably have never heard of, but was a great guitarist and had potential. So much so Zep had signed them to their label Swan song. Usually when those guys picked a band they went some where. You may have heard of one of their other picks.....Bad Company.

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Top five most overrated bands:

1. The Beatles
    2. Led Zeppelin
    3. Pink Floyd
    4. Jimmy Buffet
    5. Grateful Dead

One that did make it out like Jimmy and was a smoking player, but still wasnt Zep, they had it all. The Guitar, The Singer, The Drummer, and The Bass/piano/organ/madoline

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I would rather be stuck in an elevator listening to the beegees with my 5 grandkids than listen to LED Zeppelin.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Top five most overrated bands:

1. The Beatles
    2. Led Zeppelin
    3. Pink Floyd
    4. Jimmy Buffet
    5. Grateful Dead
    Yep. 100%
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

You people are strange!

Go back listen to the song I posted Bron-Y-aur Stomp.

It's a country song about a dog. Except your wife doesnt run off and you dont loose your trailer.

You may end up at the Hyatt House, riding a mini bike up and down the hotel, with a bunch of hot chicks there for your every whim. Maybe you end up at the Edgewater Hotel, and then Frank Zappa can write a song about a mud shark.

Maybe you can have 200k stolen in early 70's from a swanky Hotel?

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot