Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anduoille Sausage

Default Anduoille Sausage

Who makes the best and where do you get it?
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Have it shipped in from Louisiana. Fish sticker will be along shortly and can give you the particulars.

You can usually find Savoie's (pretty much the store-bought standard in La) in Publix although it can be pretty pricey. A decent substitute is Ragin' Cajun (made by Thomas) that can be found in a lot of different stores and is usually a lot cheaper. If you're considering having some handmade andouille shipped in, Legnon's in New Iberia is a good choice. Interested to hear what Fishsticker has to say as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunning Bird View Post
    You can usually find Savoie's (pretty much the store-bought standard in La) in Publix although it can be pretty pricey. A decent substitute is Ragin' Cajun (made by Thomas) that can be found in a lot of different stores and is usually a lot cheaper. If you're considering having some handmade andouille shipped in, Legnon's in New Iberia is a good choice. Interested to hear what Fishsticker has to say as well.
    Pfttt, whatchu know bout dat sorta thang??

PS, I'm still waiting on my next batch of gumbo....

Call Bourgeois meats in Thibodaux, they will ship.

The best I've found locally is Lowe's foods since the Royal Butcher closed.

This is about as subjective as BBQ sauce here in SC.....

The Best Stop in Scott, Jacob's in LaPlace, and Don's Country Store(on Central) in Reserve are my go to spots.

ETA: Agree with the above on Legnons as well...their crawfish boudin is on point.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 11-28-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Cajun Grocer is reliable.

We like Savoie's if you buy local. Mail order or pick up in LA??

Comeaux's
    Poche
    Jacob's in LaPlace as mentioned above was the originator supposedly and is damn fine. They have been in business 90 + years.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I've been buying the Holmes Smokehouse andouille lately mostly because it's readily available. I usually have someone mention how good it was.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I've been buying the Holmes Smokehouse andouille lately mostly because it's readily available. I usually have someone mention how good it was.
    I have been using it because of availability as well with no complaints. I’m sure it’s not the best but it’s good at least to me.

Leggs #163.

I'll take Best Stop or Don's Meats! Both are my favorites for boudin as well!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Had you asked I could have brought some back. I stayed in Shreveport Friday, night.

Saw all sorts of good stuff.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I'll take Best Stop or Don's Meats! Both are my favorites for boudin as well!
    Best Stop and Corner Store have the best boudin. Smoked brown rice boudin...man damn talk about good. We do a consolidated order twice a year to spread out the shipping costs. Boudin, Andouille & Hoghead cheese.
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 11-28-2023 at 12:16 PM.

Don's Specialty Meets. I buy a lot of boudin there and their andoulli sausage is great too.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Best Stop and Corner Store have the best boudin. Smoked brown rice boudin...man damn talk about good. We do a consolidated order twice a year to spread out the shipping costs. Boudin, Andouille & Hoghead cheese.
    Thankfully I make enough cross-country road trips that pass by there when I'm fishing tournaments to save me from needing to order it and have to pay for shipping!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Forget about the andouille. Somebody send me some boudin.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I've made it twice, according to others it was really good. It's just not worth it in small quantities.
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 11-28-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    I've made it twice, according to others it was really good. It's just not worth it in small quantities.
    I've made a bunch of smoked sausages but never andouille. I may give it a go soon. I even have some pecan that's ready for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.