Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DU eastern mallard and black duck study

Default DU eastern mallard and black duck study

Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The largest contributor to the decline of the Atlantic Coast Mallard is: MAN.

I just got back from the camp in S. Louisiana, we are losing a football field of coastline every 90 minutes. The leveeing and control of the might Mississippi river along with pipeline canals has led to the rapid loss of coastline.....all created by MAN. Saltwater intrusion is destroying the waterfowl habitat and increasing coastal erosion.

All the places I grew up hunting in MI and places here in SC have all been overtaken by commercial and residential development. I live 1 mile from a pond here in Chapin that we shot limits of mallards in the early 1990's now it's the "Village at Hilton". MAN has ruined the Atlantic Flyway.

I'm looking forward to the results of this study though!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Seems they keep spending a lot of money on studying and studying and studying….. stop developing the coast, create habitat and stop releasing birds.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

They, DU and Delta, will study the wild mallard into extinction.

Love the "scientists" who are now paid to tell us that there were no wild mallards on the east coast because they took DNA from a Smithsonian tamie someone was paid to source 250 years ago. Guess which pen he "sourced" that mallard duck from...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Guess which pen he "sourced" that mallard duck from...
    SCWA pen is my guess, am I the winner
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

The studying has been done. If you shoot a mallard in the Atlantic flyway, there’s a 2% chance it’s a 100% wild mallard. 98% are have feral genetics from all the tamie releasing that continues to be allowed. The feral genetic population has started moving west into the Great Lakes and Mississippi flyway. They’ve found that in the Mississippi flyway from the Great Lakes to Tennessee, you’re shooting around 65% Tamie’s, but that’s where they stop. Go further south of Tennessee and you’re shooting something like 90% wild birds. I can’t remember his name, but a professor from UTEP has done the research and has been on many podcasts describing the findings and what they are continuing to study. Long and short, wild genetics will continue to thrive and expand if it isn’t put to an end.

Dr. Phillip Lavretsky is the man who is PROVING genetically that man's insatiable desire for instant gratification has cost us our Atlantic Flyway wild mallard strain.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    PROVING genetically
    Haha, no...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Haha, no...
    Are you saying tamies haven't bred into our wild mallards and polluted the gene pool?

Are you saying tamies haven't bred into our wild mallards and polluted the jean poll?
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

That’s the one!

https://www.themeateater.com/listen/...ks-really-wild

This is worth a listen. The first hour of the podcast is BSing. The second hour is the discussion on genetics and impacts.

Is anyone actually doing anything other than “research” and talking to combat any of this?

The largest contributor to the decline of the Atlantic Coast Mallard is: MAN.

All the places I grew up hunting in MI and places here in SC have all been overtaken by commercial and residential development. I live 1 mile from a pond here in Chapin that we shot limits of mallards in the early 1990's now it's the "Village at Hilton". MAN has ruined the Atlantic Flyway.
    It's easy to blame developers but every one of us that has built a new house on previously undeveloped land is a contributor.

Not all developers are bad- I’d venture to guess some of us have even contributed more to the ducks than we have taken/destroyed!

There are plenty of "developers" on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    There are plenty of "developers" on this site.
    ??

There are plenty of “ Realtors” on this site!!

Same story with the wild turkey decline… everyone is studying trying to figure out whats causing it. If youve lived in the Lowcountry your whole life its easy to see: turkeys (and most animals) cant live in neighborhoods and concrete.