Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DU eastern mallard and black duck study

Quote Originally Posted by pluffmudder View Post
    Same story with the wild turkey decline… everyone is studying trying to figure out whats causing it. If youve lived in the Lowcountry your whole life its easy to see: turkeys (and most animals) cant live in neighborhoods and concrete.
    "Developers"

They can’t develop it if you don’t sell it to them.

I was out in Idaho last week visiting my son and saw more mallards than I have ever seen. Looking into a DIY hunting trip next year if he is still stationed there. Look up the limits and can kill 7. They way I read it was 2 hens and 5 drakes

The ducks can’t not be everywhere at one time. I believe the lack of water in early fall has more to do with poor duck numbers than colder weather during the season ever will. Based on what I read if genetics were the only thing to blame then Louisiana and ark wouldn’t see such a steady decline if a decent amount of the purebreds were photoperiod migrators. They are getting hammered on every available piece of water in every state. Doesn’t take long to unimprint ducks with pressure.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    I was out in Idaho last week visiting my son and saw more mallards than I have ever seen. Looking into a DIY hunting trip next year if he is still stationed there. Look up the limits and can kill 7. They way I read it was 2 hens and 5 drakes
    In 15 years, there will have been a significant increase in Pacific flyway pressure from OOSers and speculation on what happened to all the ducks. I have seen a bunch of groups of SC duck hunters that I know move their efforts from Arkansas and Mississippi to Missouri and Louisiana to Kansas and Oklahoma in the last 10 years. This year was Idaho and Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    In 15 years, there will have been a significant increase in Pacific flyway pressure from OOSers and speculation on what happened to all the ducks. I have seen a bunch of groups of SC duck hunters that I know move their efforts from Arkansas and Mississippi to Missouri and Louisiana to Kansas and Oklahoma in the last 10 years. This year was Idaho and Oregon.
    Yep. I know a many that are making 30+hr drives now.

Don't worry mandatory EV's will cure this ability to make it across the country with a duck boat in tow.
    cut\'em