Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice baths

I am a pussy when it comes to the cold stuff but I recently added "red light therapy" to my routine. Interesting for sure.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    I am a pussy when it comes to the cold stuff but I recently added "red light therapy" to my routine. Interesting for sure.
    Listening to a podcast about this today, did you buy one?

and while I am on this soap box...I had my labs drawn last week and my numbers are pretty incredible from where they were a year ago...doc says they are about as perfect as they can be for someone who didnt take care of themself for many years and now approaching 50 years old. I get them drawn every quarter and stay on top of it.

All done thru busting my ass and sticking to a plan. No frigging shots, or pills, or whatever docs like to give out to help with blood sugar, cholesterol etc...and yea I know all about genetics and how they play a major role. I am double cursed from both sides with grandfathers dead in the early 60s from heart disease and diabetes. Father with major heart issues, mother with blood sugar struggles etc...

Doc wanted me on statins and blood sugar pills...eff that. I made a bet with him that I could beat it without big pharma and I did.

I could keep going on and on about how great it feels to feel great and how damn hard IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TO CORRECT YOURSELF.

I might get struck down tomorrow with whatever but I will say it better be tougher than I am.
    Last edited by GBelly; 11-14-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbeller View Post
    Listening to a podcast about this today, did you buy one?
    no, I have access to one at my gym. I had no clue what the hell that thing was. Finally asked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    and while I am on this soap box...I had my labs drawn last week and my numbers are pretty incredible from where they were a year ago...doc says they are about as perfect as they can be for someone who didnt take care of themself for many years and now approaching 50 years old. I get them drawn every quarter and stay on top of it.

All done thru busting my ass and sticking to a plan. No frigging shots, or pills, or whatever docs like to give out to help with blood sugar, cholesterol etc...and yea I know all about genetics and how they play a major role. I am double cursed from both sides with grandfathers dead in the early 60s from heart disease and diabetes. Father with major heart issues, mother with blood sugar struggles etc...

Doc wanted me on statins and blood sugar pills...eff that. I made a bet with him that I could beat it without big pharma and I did.

I could keep going on and on about how great it feels to feel great and how damn hard IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TO CORRECT YOURSELF.

I might get struck down tomorrow with whatever but I will say it better be tougher than I am.
    Damn Right!! I did the same thing except I took tennis back up after laying off for 25 years fishing and running boats on the coast. My thyroid was way messed up and alot of other things. Only thing I take now is a small amount of BP med put I am pushing 70 soon so I will take that. No fast foods and eating in the streets ever again and when we do travel we take our own Breakfast stuff or buy it there fresh if we fly. I should be dead with gangrene 2 times, bleeding ulcer I like to bleed out with and back in February 7-hour brain tumor surgery. Everyday is a great day. Keep at it!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"