Thread: Ammo issues

Default Ammo issues

Has this been posted?

Vista group sales it’s ammo companies (federal, Remington, cci, etc) to a Yugoslav company.

Lake city has cut off civilian sales.

Hornady ammo plant fire.

In various different post but not all together.

What’s interesting is Vista is the commercial side of LC

Supposedly they aren’t changing anything actually adding capacity.

But it sucks a foreign country will own the brand name to such iconic American named ammo
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

The sale of any American firearm and ammunition companies/facilities shouldn’t ever be allowed to anyone other than other American companies and citizens for national security reasons, if nothing else.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I hope they bring some 7.62x39 machines over!

Lower the cost some.

Also what you didn’t post is the state department just put a 90 day ban on any export of fire arms or ammo or sighting devices by American companies unless it is too Ukraine or Israel or the permit was already in place.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

So what if ATF bans all foreign ammo? Would federal etc now fall under this?
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 10-28-2023 at 10:15 AM.

No they aren't moving the facilities. So it is still "American Made" just foreign owners.

They are supposed to be moving some new equipment into the US. Also, NEMO just got their new plant up and running. Very nice very first class. Not sure what their capability is.

I'm not sure why LC stopped or was ordered to stop selling over runs. Ukraine is over for all intents and purpose. Israel, has the fastest loading operation in the world, it is incredible. They dont need our help.

They only thing they may be lacking is 20mm, but the way LC is set up they can make 20mm with out effecting .223/308/9mm/.45/.50.

LC doesnt make 155, which is the one thing Israel will need. We simply do not have the capability to produce that stuff in quantity anymore. We let our artillery plants dilapidate. They are refurbishing the plant in PA, but even when it is up and running it will be a drop in the bucket for what we already waisted in Ukraine.

Artillery is still king of the battle field.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    In various different post but not all together.

What’s interesting is Vista is the commercial side of LC

Supposedly they aren’t changing anything actually adding capacity.

But it sucks a foreign country will own the brand name to such iconic American named ammo
    LAKE CITY is owned by the government...........They hire contractors to run it(Winchestr has current comtract Fedral had it before them)e................NO VISTA ownership anywhere.

Vista is was the commercial side, it was a marriage of convenience.

Vista outdoors handled almost all the LC that came out that didn’t go strait to .mil some where with very few exceptions.

I’ve been responsible for purchasing millions from both sides of it.

The name of whom ever the current contract holder doesn’t really matter.

Because as noted the government essentially owns it.
    But it’s the same guys working no matter whose name is on it.

I know a whole lot of them. Had some down to SC for various hunts
    I’ve got numbers to different reps for different stuff. We had a large order in for mk 211 rounds last year that had been approved and out the blue they canceled it. They were not happy and we were not either. But you can imagine the reason or whom was responsible.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I thought the sale of Vista hadn't been finalized yet... like there was some hold up on it actually working out.

https://shoot-on.com/update-czech-co...nition-brands/

I caught wind of the proposed Vista acquisition today. Looks like 2 companies are vying for the sale... CSG which is a Pruague-based Checkoslovakian-owned firm and an American firm based out of Dallas. With CSG already owning Fiocchi of they acquired Remington and Federal, as well as CCI primers and Alliant powder, sure seems like that would put them close to monopoly status when coupled with the brands they already own. Do we really want these brands in control of a foreign company would be good for America or us consumers of these products? It's like selling off of all our farm land to China-owned companies. That's simply not in the best interest of our nation's security. The deal would require approval from the. Department of Treasury's Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)

Uncle Ted Nugent believes CSG has ties back to Russia, but I don't know how of the stuff that comes his mouth that I believe.

Either way, CSG wanting to acquire Vista just stinks, all around.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I went ahead and reached out to my congressmen regarding the matter and suggest you guys do the same.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Seems i read a few months ago there would be a shortage of rifle ammunition in 2024. The reason stated was shortage of components, mainly powder. I stocked up on hunting ammo at that time as it was becoming readily available. There is plenty of 6.5 Creedmore but 7.08 is still a little scarce.
    Last edited by centurian; 04-03-2024 at 12:54 PM.

we ran out of 22 bullets a few years back.
    wait....I'm lying. we actually didnt.
    but i read it on the internet.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    we ran out of 22 bullets a few years back.
    wait....I'm lying. we actually didnt.
    but i read it on the internet.
    I think the link was on SC Ducks 2th. Go plant your tomatoes.

We didn't run out, but there was not enough of them to go around, and thus it appeared as is if we would run out. The market fixed the issue by prices increasing to insane levels. At which point the production could catch up.

The manufacturers didn't want to install new infrastructure due to they seeing there wasn't that much demand long term.

The neck beards.....The neck beards.....
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Damn Right!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I have spoken with several ammo distributors over the last 3 months and they are all telling me we are in for a powder shortage and prices would likely increase as a result. I've have seen neither a shortage or price increases so far. I believe these distributors are just looking to move product by creating fear. The interesting thing about the shell market is that some brands have kept their COVID high prices but others have reduced pricing. I'm supporting the ones that cut pricing.