Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wheelchair ramp price

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    I have to side with salty dog. You people get on here and brag about your new truck, your fancy boat and your hundred dollar bottle of bourbon but a man that makes his living with his hands doesn't deserve the same luxuries. Contractors have overhead and every dollar they make does not go into their pocket.
    Pffff. Contractors can hold my beer. Try being a veterinarian and and balancing compassion and having to feed a dozen families. You ain't heard whining about the cost associated with goods and services these days.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-27-2023 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Pffff. Contractors can hold my beer. Try being a veterinarian and and balancing compassion and having to feed a dozen families. You ain't heard whining about the cost associated with goods and services these days.
    Running your own business regardless of what kind of business is not without rewards but not without sacrifice either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I recommend you get an aluminum ramp. They do not require a building permit or contractor in most jurisdictions, and they can be easily removed and repurposed elsewhere when the need is over. I had some that I bought to use as a dock and did not need it all, so I sold the remainder. There is a brand called EZ Access that many stores, including Lowes/Hoe Depot, can order for you. MG

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Ez-access--...t=820012113448
    Not a bad idea. They are also available all the time on FB marketplace for a greatly reduced price.

I'll offer to throw in on the build if that's the direction.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Palmetto Trooper has built some nice ones

Most of yall just bitch for the sake of bitching..might as well change the name of this place to SC Teachers here as of late.

Maybe he's busy and doesn't need the work, yet put a price on it to make it worth his while. Call two other people and see where they are at. If they are within 10%, then that is either what the job actually costs, OR that is what the job costs YOU. Use him or don't...no fussing required.

If the guys pricing is out of line, that will fix itself when he goes out of business.

hard to disagree with anyone.
    also hard to agree bc y'all are weird.

thanks for the replies. She is working on other quotes. If they cant find one to their liking, we can step in.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Ten fo.

Holler if you need me.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Toofer call me if needed. I can't cut a straight line, but I can talk everyone through the project.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Toofer call me if needed. I can't cut a straight line, but I can talk a donkey's hind leg off.
    FIFY
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 10-30-2023 at 11:14 AM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

LOL
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.