Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dove hunt question

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    But you never even asked how many shells it took to kill 5 more this past Saturday...
    Give it a rest James. Honestly no one gives a fuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I suggest that you guys that think it matters none give it a try and see if hiding makes any difference. Better yet, have your buddy try to hide well while you sit on the other side of the field on the toolbox of a white truck and see if he can limit before you. As long as you sit still, it should be an even match.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 09-12-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post

Is this necessary? Just a joke, cupcake. Calm down.

This is a sign of low IQ, just so you know. It's well documented that people of lesser intelligence behave this way, completely unprovoked.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 09-12-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post

top shelf
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What's the proper etiquette regarding new or inexperienced shooters? Should they not even be allowed in the field? Even if it's a private field?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    It really depends on the time of year, age of birds, and or how many days the season has been in. That's my experience. I watched high birds and flaring birds this weekend, not my normal for this time of year. I enjoy winter doves, it's more of a challenge.

I will say motion plays in to it, I'll lock up during this time of year when they're near. Winter birds I'm usually trying to hide a little more.
    Opening day was strange. I've never seen much weariness in doves that early. The evening before I watched every bird that hit the field dive in to feed without a second thought. The next afternoon with only a handful of people in the field they were skirting and flaring like it was December.

Yeah, I got everyone out.. and we flushed a few birds coming into the field. I had a half box of these lighter loads that I'll shoot every so often in a double gun.. and walked out to a pole. When they came back in everything was high and banking like they knew exactly where everyone was, and me.. I feel like part of our problem can be accounted to cutting timber.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    What's the proper etiquette regarding new or inexperienced shooters? Should they not even be allowed in the field? Even if it's a private field?
    As with most questions like this, the best answer is to use the Golden Rule. Try not to be the guy you'd hate to be sitting next to or the guy you wish had not shown up for the hunt.

i think sunny vs cloudy matters a little.
    and maybe winds.

and I dont mind wearing camo and sitting still but its not rocket surgery to shoot 12 doves....if you have doves.

IMO, there's nothing worse than a bad dove hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

IMO, there's nothing worse than a bad dove hunt.
    Except one with you nearby

Or a root canal. I'd take a bad dove hunt over a root canal any day.

I enjoy a slower winter dove hunt, if birds dribble in every so often if I have good company.. sunny skies, and maybe some where in the 50's. Or even by myself sometimes, don't get me wrong, I love me some Highstrung.

I'm with you on that. Any hunting in cooler weather is my preference over the heat.

I enjoy a slower winter dove hunt, if birds dribble in every so often if I have good company.. sunny skies, and maybe some where in the 50's. Or even by myself sometimes, don't get me wrong, I love me some Highstrung.
    I met you once in your store and I don't really know you but you can't convince me that all of the mirrors on your vehicle aren't adjusted so you can see yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I met you once in your store and I don't really know you but you can't convince me that all of the mirrors on your vehicle aren't adjusted so you can see yourself.
    Refers to himself in the third person, too...
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Haha

it is kind of a funny persona, kinda make myself laugh a good bit, and some friends. I try to post the first thing off the top of my head with zero remorse.. but sometimes it really comes back and makes me think. I was telling a good friend on a dove shoot about it a couple weeks ago. Simply because, there are a ton of guys here in our town logged in. I forget it, then out in public I'll get a few laughs.

How long ago, I have a fog period.. I really don't remember much out of a couple year stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun View Post
    Or a root canal. I'd take a bad dove hunt over a root canal any day.
    root canals are awesome
    toothaches suck

Was Tom Hanks needing a root canal on Cast Away?

if you follow that part of the story, he saw his dentist before getting on the plane and likely had a pulpotomy. they make you feel better until you can get the root canal done.

but they dont last for years.
    but yes, a root canal would've been a lot easier for him.

Haha
    How long ago, I have a fog period.. I really don't remember much out of a couple year stretch.
    It's been a bunch of years. I was in town for a tournament at the Hermitage. No reason you'd remember it and I'm not sure I even introduced myself.