Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Opening day BS (long read)

Sounds like somebody got their waterproof pants in a wad
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    They will brush their teeth with a dick
    yuck

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    Cute ways of saying, "I exceed the weight limit for a kayak but at the same time don't have the arm strength to paddle one."
    When you have a bass boat you have no need to worry about your weight. And who needs arm strength when you have horsepower.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    I'll give you my experience and maybe you can learn something from my 15 years of dealing with a dipshit neighbor. I bought land where my house now sits in 2008 from a distant cousin and this land has been in family since the devil was a little boy. Said dipshit was given 1.5 acres from his dad directly across the dirt road from me around the same time. He and I are very distantly related....probably like 8th cousins, so all of this dirt has been in our family forever. However, he was born and raised in downtown Columbia. Upon being gifted his 1.5 acres he decided it would be cool and quaint to bring his wife and move out to the country. He quickly found that living in the country is great until its time to do country shit. He built his house within 35' of a dirt road, across which sits a 40 acre field (part of which I bought) that has been worked for the better part of 200 years. Complaints from him started the first time I crunk a tractor to bush hog and escalated from there. He really got butt hurt when the dove shoots rolled around. Cops were called multiple times every year. At one point, he told me he'd have my field shut down which I took as a threat. I figured he'd be out there dumping corn/wheat at night (I hadn't built my house there yet) so I responded to him that I'd have a game warden there at daylight the next morning (day before opening day) and if one piece of bait was found in my field. Ofcourse he sees me follow through the next morning and decides to come join us and play the victim to the game warden, which he did not buy. At one point I told the game warden to either remove the trespasser from my property or that I was. Eventually, all of this escalated to him strategically placing security cameras all over his postage stamp lot in a way that you literally cannot be on my property without coincidentally being in the background of his videos. I've caught him numerous times videotaping my kids in the yard playing, my wife cutting grass, etc to the point that I had to stage events and belly crawl through corn/sunflowers so that I could catch him videoing my kids with my phone camera. Basically I had to video him videoing us which made me feel stupid. The important part here is that all of this (and much more.....y'all would love to see the texts/voicemails/etc I've saved over the years because I know this stuff will come to a head one day) is that this was during and after YEARS of me trying to "do the right thing." I invited him and his son to shoot for 4-5 years in a row, never shot in the mornings, would give him a weeks heads up before we were shooting, not crank a tractor in the field until after 9:00 (he actually asked me to stop plowing at 8:30 on a Wednesday one time because "people are trying to sleep") or after 7;30 in the evening (because "his daughter goes to be early"), cut his grass for him numerous times when his mower was broke (while he bitched that my 5 year old was riding his bike on his property watching me cut his grass), etc, etc, etc. Essentially, I went above and beyond 1000 times what I would have ever thought I would do to keep peace with a neighbor.

During the time I've lived there, I've had two other neighbors complain about me shooting doves. Both times, after a discussion with them and an explanation as to what we were doing, they both apologized and I haven't heard a word from them since. My advice to you would be to extend that common courtesy exactly 1 time.....let them know a few days beforehand that you're shooting. If they respond correctly and reasonably, your problem is likely solved. If they don't respond correctly, you will likely have a long term problem that you'll just drag out for years if you keep trying to keep the peace. Regardless, I would go ahead and talk to a gamewarden about it and get in front of that potential problem, just in case they were to try to bait your field etc.

One more thing....you'll have every badass you know telling you I'd do this and I'd do that. No they wouldn't. When you have a neighbor like I have, or just dealing with people like that in general, I've determined that there are really only two ways to deal with them and stop the problem. I also determined that both of those ways likely wind up with me going to jail. So for the past two years I've simply ignored him. He tries to call me, I don't answer. I don't respond to his texts or him trying to flag me down going down the road. I have blocked from my mind that he even exists in my day to day world. If he wants to call the cops/gw on me for something, I'm not doing anything illegal anyway.

Hopefully you can extend a little extra courtesy and your problem will go away. But if not, don't get into chasing your tail trying to appease them because the more you concede, the more they'll want.
    This is very good and about all you can do

Hell our field is on Hwy 29 South going out of Anderson, we call it "methville " if this gives you an idea . Heck we worry every time we start bushhogging out there we gonna run over some bodies . Even had someone call LEO's from trailer park about us shooting doves that day , i mean ain't like gun shots are not common in that area

I shot deer opening day of bow season several years back. On 205 acres. Dipshit neighbor see the lights (myself and tot) and starts hollering down into the woods at us saying he’s going to call the cops. I yell back, “good, please do”. He yells something else and tot yells back, “fuck off”.

15-20 minutes later and a deputy is up there with him on the edge of the woods and he hollers down to me wanting me to come up there. I holler back, “nope, I’m busy, you wanna talk to me you gonna have to come down here”. So he did, lol.

Dude said we were hunting out of season. Deputy corrected him. Deputy asked if we were on his property. Dude said no. Deputy told dude he was SOL. When got to us he asked what I had shot and help track. Before he left he said dude told him he’d been seeing an Albino doe in his back yard. I told Deputy, “it ain’t an albino doe it’s a piebald button buck and now that I know that fucker likes seeing it I’m killing hell out of it next”. 2 days later I did.

Then I caught hell from the heathens I associate with because they suddenly couldn’t kill a deer for shit and they blamed it on me killing the “Spirit Fawn”.

^^^ where's Harv when you need him?

Do them a favor and shoot the horses. Problem solved.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I called DNR after 2nd contact on opening day. They said they would come, but I told them to wait and let me try to work it out, but I wanted it documented. Not sure about regulations but if they bait my field or where I can’t hunt. It will become a clay/skeet range with no notice. I sent an email today about hunting Saturday morning, and was clear hunting starts at sunrise. Haven’t heard anything back, we will see.

Best of luck to you. You’re trying to be cool about it, good on you.

If they try something like that, they can be charged with baiting.

It looks like with state charges they can be charged only up to $500.00. In federal court they can be fined a lot higher.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

You should document every word, time, location etc... if it ever comes down to going to court you will want these documents to present.
    Even document what you say even if you think it might hurt you in court having both sides of the conversation is more important than just what you want the court to hear.

Imo you are going about it the right way. It is hard for anyone to say what they would or wouldn't do when they are not truly in the situation.

Do you part to try and make it work for you and the neighbor but don't keep giving and giving without progress being made.

Good luck to you and hope they will let it be

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^ where's Harv when you need him?
    was drinkin beers.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    was drinkin beers.
    Cheers!!

Last edited by BigBrother; 09-08-2023 at 08:57 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

backatcha
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

You can't leave us hanging. So where are these Karens from?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    You can't leave us hanging. So where are these Karens from?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Let's all place a friendly wager. I say West coast.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Tennessee

^^^ ouch

Lol

Only way those dorks are from TN is if they're land surveyors.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk