Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening day BS (long read)

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I knew you were in trouble when you said they had horses….
    Different breed, especially the women. The entire fucking world has to change its plans to accommodate them and their horses.

The other day I watched a crazy horse lady run a Life Flight helicopter off of her pasture, because it might spook the horses.

Meanwhile, FD is cutting a woman out of a car that was in a bad wreck 50 yards from her gate. I sure hope she doesn’t need the same help one day.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

The last thing this world needs is another damn horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    The other day I watched a crazy horse lady run a Life Flight helicopter off of her pasture, because it might spook the horses.

Meanwhile, FD is cutting a woman out of a car that was in a bad wreck 50 yards from her gate. I sure hope she doesn’t need the same help one day.
    I dont like to throw around threats, but...if that was my family member and my family died or suffered something permanent as a result of having his life flight delayed, It would take everything in me not to come back and shoot her fucking horses...
    Last edited by BigBrother; 09-06-2023 at 10:29 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    The last thing this world needs is another damn horse.
    Like button
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

So I guess the conclusion here is that horse ladies are the cyclists of the rural world

I hunted next to a LARGE horse operation in GA for 20+ years and never had a minute of trouble with them. It was a fox hunting outfit and they openly ran horses and hounds by the hundreds across our property. As much as I don’t like horses, it’s the horse owners that are the problem. We had good owners so no problems. They had good neighbors (us) so no problems. Numerous times I would place a pre dawn phone call to let them know where on our property I saw a coyote so they could run it. And they started out always letting us know what dates they planned to be on or near the property we hunted, but we finally got them to understand that it wasn’t anything that bothered us and just do what you please.

I doubt I’ll meet a better individual than the man that runs that hunt and I’m 100% certain he and his predecessors are why we all got along so well. I still on occasion go down and have Thanksgiving dinner with them. Great people.

I’m sorry your horse person is an imbecile, but I wouldn’t change anything I do to appease her/him. I would get my local DNR LEO on speed dial and simply shoot him a text every time it tried to interrupt my peace with her drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Almost without exception.....
    Almost, and I thank God everyday for the dime piece he threw to me!
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    So I guess the conclusion here is that horse ladies are the cyclists of the rural world
    If you took a tourney bass fisherman and put he/her in kayak..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    If you took a tourney bass fisherman and put he/her in kayak..
    That would be him/her, get your pronouns right. That's a touchy subject these days.

Duck Tape's hunt monday evening caused my Labs anxiety because they knew feathers were falling.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I dont like to throw around threats, but...if that was my family member and my family died or suffered something permanent as a result of having his life flight delayed, It would take everything in me not to come back and shoot her fucking horses...
    100%

Only thing a horse is good for is converting cellulose into protein.

Worst mistake we've made as a country to to stop slaughtering those hay burners for food.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Almost, and I thank God everyday for the dime piece he threw to me!
    You and me both.

I see mine has been at y’all’s place a good bit lately.

Don't forget about birdwatchers.

Remember when they thought the Ivory Billed woodpecker had been rediscovered in the White River refuge, which was bought and paid for by duck stamp money.

At the first meeting with the NWR managers, the bird watchers said they could find the Ivory Bill easier if they would stop all the shooting in there. They wanted the hunters kicked out.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

wonder what the thread looks like discussing this incident on schorses.com?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I think its been said before, but I would send a text, not call them. Should things turn ugly, having that written proof you went out of your way to be courteous will be a big help.

Past that, follow safe/legal hunting practices and ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Don't forget about birdwatchers.

Remember when they thought the Ivory Billed woodpecker had been rediscovered in the White River refuge, which was bought and paid for by duck stamp money.

At the first meeting with the NWR managers, the bird watchers said they could find the Ivory Bill easier if they would stop all the shooting in there. They wanted the hunters kicked out.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    I didn't know of that story but I'm not surprised. That's exactly why I do not agree with the, "make them pay as much as we do" argument hunters often scream with regards to horseback riders, birdwatchers, etc usage of public land.

The last thing we want is them having an equal seat at the table. Talk about letting the fox into the hen house.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter 1200 View Post
    One of her quotes was “when you have land neighbors with horses you have to make alternate plans”. I laughed at her.
    If you get the opportunity, counter with this: When you're buying land for horses, perhaps some due diligence about ongoing activities on adjacent properties would have been in order.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

My new neighbor on the lake, from the Pacific NW, volunteered to me this spring that she preferred that I not cut or remove my hedges because "she rather enjoyed the privacy." In two months' time, I did. Her brother, who lives at her house rent-free after retiring from the Navy as a commander, met me at the fence and told me that I had f*cked him because now the morning sun comes directly in his window and ruins his sleep. I 100% thought he was being sarcastic. A couple of minutes later, it was clear that he was 100% serious. At least they do not have horses. We are not the same. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I didn't know of that story but I'm not surprised. That's exactly why I do not agree with the, "make them pay as much as we do" argument hunters often scream with regards to horseback riders, birdwatchers, etc usage of public land.

The last thing we want is them having an equal seat at the table. Talk about letting the fox into the hen house.
    They are already at the table. You presence at the meetings should confirm that.

We’re just the ones paying for the table.