Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening day BS (long read)

2 choices, sell it or fuckum. The choice is yours.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I've had horses continuously since '81 , i have made my living ,supported my family and funded my retirement in the horse industry since '87. 90% of horses owners blame their lack of horsemanship on someone else. You being courteous and neighborly is all you can do, it's their responsibility to condition their horses. Be courtious ...shoot on.

Even if you're in the right I bet you'll give up the planting it in the future because you're not going to be able to enjoy it. Maybe you can make it enough of a nuisance that they'll pay an exorbitant price for it.

Can’t wait for the thread update next year when you have chicken shit spread on the field as fertilizer

If only someone would come out with a suppressor for a shotgun
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 09-06-2023 at 01:21 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Can't wait to hear what they say when you tell them what time you're going to start shooting this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Can't wait to hear what they say when you tell them what time you're going to start shooting this Saturday.
    Or in one of the late seasons
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I knew you were in trouble when you said they had horses….
    Different breed, especially the women. The entire fucking world has to change its plans to accommodate them and their horses.

The audacity of folks is truly maddening sometimes.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

myeah. they have that right, right? its how we handle it that matters.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Well yeah, until their audacity threatens your family and way of life.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 09-06-2023 at 07:05 AM.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

yelling scare you?

Your way of life or their's?

I guess I dont want to be a hypocrite here. I can complain about stuff I like but cant handle someone else complaining?
    At the end of the day, we have a society that lives by certain "rules." You can complain. I can complain. We can decide if we need the cops or a lawyer.

If not, we just go on complaining and doing our thing.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Perfect opportunity to invite the local GW on a dove hunt.

Ohio or NY?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Would it possibly help if you asked the husband if he would care to join you?

I mean I know how I would want to handle it and how I would have handled it in years past, but I reckon I have grown up a bit

Even if he declines, maybe just the courtesy would go a long way with them? It may not but it possibly could.

I know what it is like to be at war with neighbors and its no fun
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

As others have said, make friends with the GW now. Invite him on a hunt and explain the situation. Then, when they call on you, word will be spread already. I've got no problem giving them 24 hr notice on a dove shoot but wouldn't give 24 hr every time you want to use your property. We live on 3 acres and neighbors on both sides shoot and shoot often (2 and 3 acres). Really sounds like a gun range a few days a week. Does it piss me off when they are shooting as I'm trying to put the girls to bed, yes. But I can't and won't do anything about it because it is their property. Already decided if it gets any later in the evening and it wakes the girls up everyone is going to get to hear every 270 and 12 gauge round I have in the house between 1 and 3 am.
    For the ducks

Agree, give them the notice. Be a good neighbor, maybe even invite them to sit a stand....but be prepared to fight ugliness with ugliness.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Different breed, especially the women. The entire fucking world has to change its plans to accommodate them and their horses.
    Almost without exception.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    They truly are so obnoxious. They were the loudest ones at a Sunday hunting meeting saying they were afraid they'd get shot off their horses if they rode on a Sunday and hunting was allowed.

Yea.. because that's happening all over the place in the 47 states that do allow Sunday hunting on public lands... It's like the Civil War all over again, folks riding and getting shot right off the horse.

But they made sure to preface their statements every time with something like, "My daddy hunts, my granddaddy hunted, I like deer meat and one time I shot a duck, so I'm not against hunting, but...." and then went on to describe how the whole world needs to revolve around their horses.

I would give them 48 hour notice in writing. That's an extra day to move the horses.

I would ask the local DNR to speak with them about impeding an active hunt, since they already have.

And the next time she says this..... “when you have land neighbors with horses you have to make alternate plans”. .......I would immediately tell her you have already alternated your plans,.....you don't visit and enjoy your property as much because the smell of horses and manure makes you feel sick.

I would communicate by text or email if possible, keeping in mind you may end up in court.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-06-2023 at 08:37 AM.

CatDaddy throwing some wisdom here.