Thread: What opening day means……

Default What opening day means……

It’s simple around here, yes we have a big cookout, yes we have birds and yes I’m not afraid to say we have one of the best if not the best field in the state for the full year through January

BUT, none of that really matters on opening day..

First pic is of Rhett (know as Trad on here) with my daughter 7 years ago the first time she ever shot a BB gun.

The second pic was Saturday of my same little girl shooting the BB gun that Rhett gave her for when she was old enough.

He started the tradition of taking all the kids to shoot can while we cooked on opening day.

Man I really miss my brother this time of year…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 09-04-2023 at 03:50 PM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I knew Rhett since he was in diapers. I used to quail hunt with his Dad when we were growing up. I first met his Dad when he worked for the highway department building I -26 in 1959. I would ride my bike helping nail Coke stoppers in the middle of the road for them to paint the lines. He would take me home later. I got my haircuts with his Grandfather on Meeting Street in West Columbia.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

That's the good stuff

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft