Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting the "how you doing buddy calls" this week also?

Default Anyone else getting the "how you doing buddy calls" this week also?

It started 2 weeks ago with me and has ran into today with calls and texts asking what fields I am hunting this weekend, how many guest I can bring, etc. Damn freeloaders never learn.

We have a small group that shoots each other's fields on a rotation with no guest. Only way I would want it now.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate lab84 View Post
    It started 2 weeks ago with me and has ran into today with calls and texts asking what fields I am hunting this weekend, how many guest I can bring, etc. Damn freeloaders never learn.

We have a small group that shoots each other's fields on a rotation with no guest. Only way I would want it now.
    Whats your number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every year it is always the same people wanting something for nothing. Those people drive me insane. But let those same people that are constantly wanting to freeloaf have something they know you would be interested in and you don't hear a damn word from them.

Then you do invite them 1 time and they think they are supposed to be on top of the list everytime after that. Oh not to mention don't offer to donate any money like it didn't cost you tons of time and coins

Dove field, liquor stores and with bourbon allocations, president of a country club.. yesterday at the end of the month salesmen cycles with all of that rolled into one I would love to throw my phone.

One of my life goals is to make enough money as to where I never have to carry one again.

I would’ve called you but I don’t have your number…………

That's why I don't have anything nice. Keeps the freeloaders away...
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

This is also the time of year when the "landed gentry" the ones that inherited Daddy or Granddaddy's land complain about "the have nots."

having a small group w different fields working together makes a lot of sense.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I forgot all about calling you.

I haven't shot doves in 7 years. I would love to though. What's your number?

On the flip side... I don't plant a field, have a place to plant or have friends that invite me. So I sit home and watch football. It's not the worst life, but shooting doves, or attempting to again, sure would be nice. I'm starting to sound like DRDuck

Maybe we can start the “Have Nots Dove Club”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Sounds like a plan.
    Run it like a telemarketer company. All of you get lists of wealthy people to call to ask about open spots to hunt?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I was kind of planning on just showing up. Bad strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    All of us poors are at the WMA fields, so the club is already formed. See you bums tomorrow at noon!

Y'all can have cake there.. maybe like the little Christmas tree cakes some on this site rave about.. heck, they'll probably be out soon.

Won’t be long, I just seen Halloween candy in the Dollar General.

I pay my way and need a shoot for labor day. Got tomorrow covered
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I fixed that problem years ago. I have six paying members plus myself..........No one can bring a guest without my permission and a member has to be absent on that hunt....NO new members unless a previous member leaves. In years past they use to ask. I'd say private no visitors.....They don't ask anymore. My members are good in working field prep before the season........Another good thing is I can monitor my field from the front porch.

I solved the problem of not having friends that would invite and had my own field this year. I invited those who had invited me in years past. We had a ball yesterday!